New guy Here

scoykendall

I just posted under the introduction thread but it looks like it is pretty long, so I thought I would say hi on a new one. My name is Shannon ( I am a guy) the name throws people sometimes. I have been a sub for new constuction for a bout a year and a half. I have been doing side jobs on my own ever since I have felt comfortable going on peoples property. I have recently Incorperated and I am trying to go out on my own. I feel like I have a good feel for the business, but there are always times that you need advice. I found this site a while ago and it seems like a good place for questions. I might be able to answer some also. On that note I have some wuestions about washing lake docks. I know it cant be much different from decks. The questions that I have are involving using chemicals over the water. Any help would be greatly appreciated. If this question needs to go to wood section please let me know.
Thanks
Shannon

scoykendall

I will think about it. I am in the charlotte area and Graham is a short trip. I appreciate the offer. I have been reading on this site for a while and I see all the advice that you have given people so I would like to see your operation.

Mathew Johnson

scoykendall said:
I just posted under the introduction thread but it looks like it is pretty long, so I thought I would say hi on a new one. My name is Shannon ( I am a guy) the name throws people sometimes. I have been a sub for new constuction for a bout a year and a half. I have been doing side jobs on my own ever since I have felt comfortable going on peoples property. I have recently Incorperated and I am trying to go out on my own. I feel like I have a good feel for the business, but there are always times that you need advice. I found this site a while ago and it seems like a good place for questions. I might be able to answer some also. On that note I have some wuestions about washing lake docks. I know it cant be much different from decks. The questions that I have are involving using chemicals over the water. Any help would be greatly appreciated. If this question needs to go to wood section please let me know.
Thanks
Shannon

I have worked with the NYS DEC regarding this exact subject.... The deal here in NY is the same as anywhere,you must comply with the CWA laws. They allowed me to clean Docks with cold water only, only if the wood was weathered more than a year (no new construction) Call me with any questions - 607 435 5539

Our Sponsors