How do you get new accounts?

DPProWash

I'm just curious what you folks are doing to acquire new accounts as far as window washing goes.

I've stopped at every store in 3 local strip malls and the folks either:

a) do it themselves
b) are a corporation so they can't pay anyone
c) have a guy that does their 8 windows inside and out for $6.00 once a month (these are the windows that are normally very dirty and look like they haven't been cleaned in at least a year).

--

It's a bit discouraging to be honest...I've been in sales for close to 5 years now but just can't seem to close anyone on getting a contract. I've even stressed attention to detail and guaranteed my services be on time.

Thanks.

i dont do windows, but as far as hood cleaning goes i email the corperations for the bigger restaurants looks a little more proffesional and its usually seen by the person who makes the decisions and not the peeon at the store who tells you someone else does them.

Windows R Us

I've found that small store fronts are not the best market for window cleaning. Go for the bigger and more difficult ones where your pro image will make all the difference. Go for jobs that the $6.00 guy doesn't want any part of.

High end residential is also good work. Just go right up and knock on the door. This is the most difficult form of advertising, but we've found it to be the cheapest and most productive.

The Cleaning

Window Cleaning, Power Washing, Gutter Cleaning, New Jersey

We get new customers through the yellow pages, online, and through repeat customers.

These two companies do a great job with Mold Removal, Mold Remediation, Mold Testing, Mold Inspection, Mold Abatement, Mold Cleanup, Window Cleaning, Gutter Cleaning, Power Washing, Air Duct Cleaning, Duct Cleaning, Dryer Vent Cleaning, House Cleaning, Carpet Cleaning, Floor Waxing, Chimney Cleaning in New Jersey

Absolutely Spotless Home Cleaning Professional Inc. - Freehold, NJ

Absolutely Spotless Mold Removal Services

Pocketarnie

Yep, we are finding it hard also. We moved to Naples, Florida in November last year, as it is very seasonal here as soon as May came we went from 3 large jobs a day to almost nothing, we are really struggling.
Seems the same here there are too many cleaners doing cheap jobs not well, but as a store manager they don't seem to care if it is done well, as long as it is done.
As my husband always say's "if you pay peanuts, you get monkey's" this is very true
Got to keep going though.

New Look

Registerd User
Yep, we are finding it hard also. We moved to Naples, Florida in November last year, as it is very seasonal here as soon as May came we went from 3 large jobs a day to almost nothing, we are really struggling.
Seems the same here there are too many cleaners doing cheap jobs not well, but as a store manager they don't seem to care if it is done well, as long as it is done.
As my husband always say's "if you pay peanuts, you get monkey's" this is very true
Got to keep going though.

I hear that Florida is a tough market due to the number of contractors there. I had a colleague move out about 2 years ago. He just could not compete. He was more into fleet washing. In his hay days he did a ton of rental returns (trucks) near the airport in Miami and etc. Last I heard he was considering moving to Colorado.

MK Cleaners

Corporations: phone them up and ask to speak to the facilities manager?

As for other customers, Flyers, Drop business cards in all your local shops, Facebook, Twitter, Local directorys, Website that is SEO, bing and google maps.

They all seem to work very well for me.

Our Sponsors