3 story indoor job - help!

Windows R Us

I have a job to bid that consist of a 25ft (2.5 - 3 story) wall made of Glass panels. I can easily clean the exterior with a wfp. The customer wants the inside done as well. There is no place to put a ladder. The glass panes are connected directly to each other with no other support. There actually are supports that are made of glass and attached at a right angle to the panes running vertically.

My thoughts were, squeegee on a pole from an A-frame ladder, scaffolding, or possibly wfp inside. The floor is constructed of tile. I was thinking of possibly blocking off the water with sand bags and having someone constantly sucking it up with a wet/dry vac. Maybe just a crazy idea!

Has anyone attempted a project like this? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks - Chris

DrWhipIt

I'd done a similar job where the panels were about 5' wide and the perpendicular sections were about 12" deep. I clamped a 6' 2x4 across the top of the ladder like a standoff and set it right on the edges of the perpendicular glass. I'm assuming the glass you're describing is about 1" thick.

clearview

Maybe 2 guys each with a large telescoping pole. One scrubs, the other squeegee's? It'll dry fast up there that's for sure. I hate those jobs. You might also be able to rent a big freakin A-frame ladder and use a regular sized pole from it. Some a frames have a middle section that extends upwards into the air. Kinda scary but it works. You could put it next to the windows and go on up.

Our Sponsors