From Kentucky

Diehonda

Hello PWN! I used to work for Facilitec when it was part of Ecolab cleaning kitchen exhaust and installing grease guards. I worked there for four years and then stayed out of the business for one year for my contract to expire before going out on my own. I do it more as a hobby than a business as I work in HR for a major healthcare company. I am also a tile contractor and car detailer.

I have cleaned:
Burger King
Hooters
Dave and Busters
Fudruckers
Chili's
Applebee's
Olive Garden
Chick-Fil-A
J Alexanders
McDonalds
Waffle House - those are a time restraint as they don't close while you are cleaning
Tumbleweed
Texas Roadhouse
and many more

We used a powder form of sodium hydroxide, Greasecutter Plus, and Shine to get the nastiest hoods looking radiant again.

I miss it sometimes as you learn which places not to eat at and which places are have super clean kitchens.

My partner and I were the "save the contract" crew that would be sent to get bring the positive experiences back into our work as our jobs turned out so well. We traveled from Kentucky to Delaware, North Carolina, Virginia, Ohio, Indiana, and West Virginia to clean up after another crews mishaps.

chrisb

Hi Diehonda, welcome, I'm pretty new too, just several weeks old here.

What kind of mishaps were typical? Mainly re-clean, or did you have to fix broken equipment?

Were Burger King's good accounts for you?

Thanks,
Chrisb

dodsonish

Diehonda said:
My partner and I were the "save the contract" crew that would be sent to get bring the positive experiences back into our work as our jobs turned out so well.

You and your partner must have stayed pretty busy. [124578]

Scrappy

Hello,
my name is D.J. i'm also from kentucky just started presure washing on my own about two months ago. mbefore that i pressure washed for another local guy and at the time the only p.w. company in carrollton. i am now on my own and my previus employer no longer has a monopoly on this region any more, also working for my self is alot better than making the 8 dollars an hour doing the same thing for him!
glad to be here and you guys are already a ton of help!!!!

Diehonda

chrisb said:
Hi Diehonda, welcome, I'm pretty new too, just several weeks old here.

What kind of mishaps were typical? Mainly re-clean, or did you have to fix broken equipment?

Were Burger King's good accounts for you?

Thanks,
Chrisb

The normal mishaps, from a couple crews that we had to clean up after, were the grease guards not being cleaned, catch cans not being emptied, access panels not being installed in ducts, kitchen equipment not being pulled away from the wall and the walls cleaned. Of course we had the issues of the other crews not doing anything other than cleaning the outside of the hood to make it seem like the rest was cleaned. Those were always fun jobs. :burn: We would need to replace grease guards on the roof, replace the belts in the fans, install a switch to turn the fan off on the roof, pretty much anything that showed that we were the best in the area. Louisville had three large PW companies at the time, now only one and a few private companies.

The BK's in my area were ok, they would have been better if the franchise owner fixed their issues. The clean was simple, clamping the plastic to the broiler hood had its moments but all in all no complaints about the clean itself.

Our Sponsors