surface cleaners

• Thread starter Steve@STATELINE P/W
  • Start date
S

Steve@STATELINE P/W

Just wondering what other peoples opinions are on concrete surface cleaners. Which kinds do you prefer, with wheels or castors, or the hover type. What are the advantages and disadvantages of each. And what name brands do each of you prefer.

Russ in Chicago

my whisper wash is great. It's one that hovers and the benefit is that you can tip it up real easy to get those two inches next to a curb that the bar won't get. It's also easy to "hop" up onto and over things.

Dan Flynn

PWN Founder
I use that modle as well and I had it for five years. Never had a big problem. I need to step up in size.
lickout.gif

------------------
Dan Flynn
Flynn Service Pro
www.powerwash.net
708/715-4206

Scott Stone

I have a Landa. It has the big wheels in back, you can adjust the height of the spray bar, and it comes with a detail gun on the handle. I bought it for one job and now I own it. Believe me the job more than makes up for what I paid for the Landa as well as the new machine I bought for it. It works well, except the deck is a little small. I don't do small concrete jobs, I only do them if the are a multiple night thing where I can name my price.:eek: It makes it a lot more fun to work that way.

Scott

------------------
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Just a guy driving around trying to make a living washing trucks, Wouldn't know a deck if it bit me in the hind quarters,

Bus. Phone 480-834-3434
Cell Phone 602-509-9741

Dave Olson

Hello Steve,

The units that we have are the hover type. Most all of the flatwork that we do is fastfood, bank, gas station drives, etc. Our machines are 20" and do just fine. Never have used one with wheels so really can't speak about them.

Dave Olson

------------------
Tidy Powerwash Service, Inc. P.O. Box 781, Catlin, Illinois 61817 Ph 217-427-5557, Fx 217-427-2632 We are a commercial cleaning contractor serving East-Central Illinois and West Central Indiana since 1984.

Dan S

is that what they call" flat work"?
i have been thinking about getting one of those but .. i dont know how much business i can generate .. how well do they work? do you have to pre- spray the concrete?
give me some info .please

------------------
have a great day and GOD bless!!!!!

Dave Olson

Hi Dan,

We pre-spray the heavy oil spots. Some of these places have kitchen grease spilled around the back doors and on the way to the dumpster areas.

We then run the surface cleaner over the area after the pre-spray. We come back with a wand to remove gum and rinse.

Dave Olson

------------------
Tidy Powerwash Service, Inc. P.O. Box 781, Catlin, Illinois 61817 Phone 217-427-5557, Fax 217-427-2632 We are a commercial cleaning contractor serving East-Central Illinois and West Central Indiana since 1984. http://www.tps-inc.com

Our Sponsors