Hello, i have a few questions!

dillant14

Hi, my name is Dillan, im only 19 years old and i work for a man that won a bid for washing the U.S. Mail Postal trucks at most of the stations in the valley.

I want to start my own power washing company as soon as possible but i dont know where to start. I have been researching these forums and i have found that there is alot of experienced power washing business owners involved in these forums!

I live in Salt Lake City and i am soon going to invest in a work truck with all the equipment needed to start a powerwashing business. Is any one willing to tell me where you started? For instance, where did you look for business? Would it be best for me to look for companies that have vehicles that need to be washed or are there other oppurtunities to make money in this business? I noticed some people found business cleaning concrete and so on...

Where do i start?!

Scrappy

i'll go ahead and tell you before any one . . . research , research, research . . .trust me i found out the hard way use the search button on here its awesome. .. and the guys (well most of them ) know what they are talking about .. . . good luck to ya

DAFF

Dillian, congrats on making the first step. Now it is up to you to read and read and try to understand the material we are talking about. Once you have a grasp on thing test the waters with your ideas on this site. But be carefull full undersand the basics before jumping into something. After five years of research/development even my greatest ideas can fall short after 8 months.

When developing a buisiness plan look into the future, how far you look is up to you. But a great idea for this month can be outgrown in 6 if you don't plan ahead.

good luck

DAFF

jetstream1

Funny thing about the post trucks I used to clean them way back
back when the dry wash came out.Then we moved on to the power washing
shine/tires..then check oil sweep in the trucks clean windows....You will see a lot of the post men are very dirty at least in Florida but that was years back
I bet it is a great paying gig.

I have to say stick with the job and learn has much as you can
start off slow. then on your days off due your own jobs
build a cust base.Word of mouth will go far and then some
make cold calls hammer out the phone book/ net, send post cards
market your self ,search the posts who knows you might work the post cleaning job and think it suxs and pressure washing might not be for you
any one can load a pressure washer in a truck and call them a pro..ya right
most of us here have been in the game a long time .you learn from your mistakes
there is a lot of due and don't
you have to have insurance/lic cost of every day operations
Just hang in there is slowly work in to it or if you have a fist full of money
go balls to the wall get a truck/trailer/ all tools needed to work
I am not downing you at all that is just some of the things to think about
I sure there is more to come from this post
we are here to help the best we can this is a place to grow and learn and ask
Good luck

copgib

But why would you go on, that is what the search function is for. Do the research and your knowledge will build and give you a better understanding of this occupation. Good luck! Hugh

rickmoore45

Everyone is right about the research. I started doing residential work, mostly siding. It's good money and usually quick work. But it takes experience to know the shortcuts, and the proper equipment to use. Don't go in blindly as you could damage something and really hurt your chances of success. Most of the how to books give you the basics, but knowing what chemicals to use, what pressures etc... You need to get from someone with experience. Practice on your house, family members or friends to get the feel of it.
Good luck. Let me know if I can be any help.

Our Sponsors