New Member from Atlanta

GeorgiaBoy

Hello PWN Members,

I certainly appreciate the opportunity in being accepted as a member of this forum. I look forward to sharing ideas and learning from others who are more experienced than I.

I started my exterior cleaning business in the Atlanta area roughly one year ago. We offer a full turn-key exterior cleaning service that includes roofs, exteriors, gutters, driveways, patios, decks, windows, etc. for both residential and commercial properties. Where I think I did my homework in developing the business, I never imagined the record drought we are currently experiencing in the Atlanta area.

Unfortunately for the short time we have been in business, we were not able to really establish ourselves enough to prepare for such a situation. Needless to say we are having a difficult time surviving this time. In an effort to outlast the drought (if this will ever end) we are investigating other services that are not either influenced as much by the drought or do not carry the stigma that pressure washing businesses currently have. We are looking at other services such as awning cleaning.

Any advice from the group regarding an awning cleaning business or suggestion of any other services that we should be considering would be greatly appreciated.

Randy

CaroliProWash

Certain aspects of washing CANNOT be discontinued or even associated with a stigma - how bad will restaurants and other commercial areas be if they can't keep their properties cleaned. You should do some research on EPA regulations/CWA and figure out how to do commercial work and be in compliance. You'd be surprised to find out that it does NOT require lots of expensive equipment.

Also, new construction is not at a standstill - exteriors still need to be cleaned as well as interior post construction. IPC sucks but it will pay the bills.

Celeste

John@BI

Randy - couple of suggestions: 1) Carry your biz license IF it shows you earn your living strictly from powerwashing; 2) Consider water recycling equipment - this has been a MAJOR help for us in Ga in getting "excused" by the Water Police. I could use some Ga guys - if interested, let me know. JOHN

Our Sponsors