Type of Tanks?

newbie pete

Hey. Just purchased the Delevan 5800 setup from Bob at Pressuretek.com. Just wondering, I'm looking at all the chem tanks and there are all different styles. Flat, Horizontal, PCO etc.? anyone know what the best type is. I'll be using it to spray chlorine etc. onto roofs. Bob said PCO (I think thats what they're called) but they seem to be more expensive. Also, anyone know where to get them cheap. I think I found a good one plasticmart.com: The Leading Plastic Site on the Net. He also suggested getting one without the bulkhead attached because they come attached to the bottom of the tank and if anything happens to it, all the chem. will leak. He said to drill a hole in the top of the tank and run hose to the bottom to get at the chem. Anyone do this? And do you lose pressure because the pump has to suck the water up from the bottom? Also it seems I would have to run the pump dry in order to get the initial chemical running through it because obviously it won't siphon if the outlet is on top of the tank. Any input is appreciated. You guys have been real helpful in getting me started so thanks for everything. Peter

PACKORACKDAD

Pete, Have You Resolved You Tank Issue? I Think I Am In The Same Boat As You. I Have The Same Devlan Pump As You (bought From Bob Also). Are You Going To Use A Trailer? What Size Tank Are You Going With? What Chems Have You Decided To Go With? Scott

Mike W

I though the delevan was self priming and could be run dry without causing damage. I am getting a new horizontal leg tank for when it is time to reconfigure. It will sit at aslight angle and put the bulkhead toward low side of the tank. I have been using an empty 55 gallon drum. I have heard that the factory installed bulkheads are usually junk. I wouldn't know from personal experience though.

Our Sponsors