Need Help ASAP!!! Windows

JetstreamSWFL

Hey Guys & Gals,

I just chemically washed 40 roofs in a subdivision. Out of 40 I have 1 pain in my a$% that her windows got dirty. although they were all told it comes with the process. All houses windows, plants were rinsed prior, during and after the proocess. Her slider windows have spotting on them that I have tried diligently to remove. And it keeps coming back....The clean may last 3,4,5 days then returns. the mixture used when cleaning the roofs was water,bleach and TSP. I tried for cleaners the following....Dazzle 100, BioClean, white vinegar and it comes back. I need help if anyone has any magic recipes to remove these and keep them gone. I get a call from this lady everyday and it is starting to aggrivate me when I'm trying to work other jobs. Thank you in advance :)........Jim

email any recipes to jetstreamswfl@gmail.com

Do they have metal screens on them that are kinda faded out? It could be oxidation. When I used to clean windows, I'd use a little bit of oven cleaner on a green scrubby pad to remove stuff like that. Do a test spot first!

Sparklean

I read somewhere that this may work, but I am in no way endorsing its usage in this way (you should research it further): WD40.

PRO WINDOW

Stains ?

Hello, This Is Stan At Pro Window Kleening, 22 Years , Don't Know Every Thing But Sounds Like Acid Eching!! This Was Not Rinched Off And Dryed
In The Sun. Try Iron Out And Kleen Good. There Is Other Ways But Try This First. What's Your Tds In The Area? You Will Need To Rinse With Di Water To Prevent Stains. I Have Plan B That I Know Will Work!! Call Me At 605-280-8272. No It's Not A Bat To Know Out Windows !! Ha! Stan, Pro Window Kleening

PRO WINDOW

another area to check

Hey Guy, Do You Know About Broken Seal In Windows? I Was Thinking About What We Talked About Windows And Stains. Next Time Do A Once Over To Check For Broken Windows And Stains Ect. Report Them! Other Wise You Maybe Blamed !!!! Just A Brain Fart !! Stan

clearview

Alright, there's no way the window was acid etched because he was using alkaline cleaners, very alkaline. They may be etched in some other way however. My guess is this is a simple matter of using hard water stain remover like Safe Restore. It may even come to some kind of acid cleaning to remove whatever etching was caused, but DI water has absolutely nothing to do with what's going on UNLESS the TDS in your area is incredibly high. Most people don't really have a DI tank sitting in the back of their truck. After the stains are gone, the glass can be sealed with something like BioBarrier. You need something tougher than what you've been using. Safe Restore was designed for getting the tough stuff off windows.

look at this stuff

J.Racenstein Company, LLC - SafeRestore, Restoration Deterg, 1 gal.

J.Racenstein Company, LLC - Sani Shield-Unelko

Contact me if you need further help. 919-630-9922

terryfish1968

I ran into this problem earlyer this year ... I used a lite polish / compound ... I used hand cleaner with the grit & a damp rag ... works great ... you can also use a car polish / compound ...[wsmile]

Doug Rucker

PWN ADMIN TEAM -
Staff member
I used the Mr Clean car wash system. The one that comes with the soap and dispenser you hook up to a hose and when you rinse it deionizes the water leaving the vehicle spotless. Well it works on windows too. In fact I bought a portable De-Ionizer for about $250.00 and that's how I clean windows now. Threw the squeege's away. Best of all my custoners love it and it cut my window cleaning time in 1/2.

Hard water spotting is the problem. On all of our commercial and residential contracts, we either include the cost to do the exterior glass (1st story only) or have our sub come in. Must be done within 48 hours after our scope of work has been completed or the hard water spots will literally begin to etch the glass (at least here in Phoenix where the tap water is damn near toxic).

There are several great glass polishes out there. The ones we have used on old etched water spots were very labor intensive, and the cost per window pane is fairly expensive.

Our Sponsors