Sidewalk troubles!??

apallclean

Here it is we were asked to do this patio and the delivery ways for an apartment.. The concrete to me seemed to look weird. I mean different colors of grey with different textures to them like there was no sealer ever applied. Thing is this is a fairly new building! So we show up and give it everything we got!! We had the heat at 265 degrees with a 15 degree nozel and it just wasn't up to my standards but it seems impossible. So what i'm asking is??? Can this stuff be removed or does it look like its there forever.. Its bothering me. lol. Any advice would be helpful. MySpace.com - AP ALL CLEAN LLC - 31 - Male - INDIANAPOLIS, Indiana - www.myspace.com/apallclean

Attachments

• 100_0589.jpg
    100_0589.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 178
  • 100_0601.jpg
    100_0601.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 176

Dan S

looks like oil stains .............. You can see the drips from sum-sort of container ?
@ some point in this field you must suggest to customer that everything you have, you have tried , and everything thing that you have is not lifting the stain. and suggest that they have it replaced and move on... Er you can keep trying to put all kinds of chems and heat on it ! Er you can put quick-crete on it add h20 and a broom and "blend" it in . ......... A quick fix to a surface cleaner nightmare !! -- Then move on to next challange !! maybe sum ACID would lift it lil heat and then sum "quick-crete " !!!!

john orr

I agree with Dan, sure looks like oil. I've have had good success with grinding-in kitty litter. The cheap stuff. If you have ever wanted a place to test Clean Crete (sp?), this would be ideal.

jzox2001

I think a lot of it depends on what the stain is from. For oil and grease, I always like to use BT100 from Eats Oil. All other stains on concrete I normally use a concrete cleaner like SafeRestore from EaCo chem, but probably any concrete cleaner would work.

JZ

apallclean

We used Acid, Sno bowl, Rust off?? (from lowes) and some CLR the heat was at 265 and we were laying on it. Come to find out the maint. man had tried to clean it a year or two ago and he told he put acid all over it.. I'm thinking it was damaged like that. And he said he used and electric pressure washer. We use Industrial powered machines and it really bothers me it looks like that. Just wanted some comments on it to see what the crowd thought.
Thanks guys.

john orr

OK, knowing that they used acid, they probably burned it. Prosoco makes SureKleen (sp?) Ferrous Stain Remover, which many times will reverse acid burns.

Our Sponsors