Pressure Washing Roof

JWC

I have two questions regarding roof washing. OK.... I've decided to try and pressure wash and treat my wood shingle roof myself. First can anyone tell me the name of the shoes that have little spikes on them. I want to buy some so I can walk on the roof and pressure wash it. Also, do any of you have any suggjestions as to what product I can put on my roof that will not only protect it, but also have an nice visual appeal?

Any information anybody can provide will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Joe

Mark

Moderator / Sponsor
I can suggest a Sacramento company that can
clean and treat your cedar shake roof.

Cedar Roof Care
Tom 916- 635-9318

I have dealt with Tom for over 20 years
good guy, reputable company doing good work!

JWC

Thank to everybody who has replied to my post. Unfortunately I don't have any Pic's. I talked to a guy who is treating a roof down the street yesterday. The shoe's he wears have little tiny spikes, he called them corkers. My neighbor had his roof treated and also had shingles replaced. The cost was a little over 5K. Since I plan on replacing my roof in a couple years, I didn't want to put the much $$ into it. I think I'll have a roof repair company come out and simply replace the broken shingles for now.

Once again, thanks for all of the input.

Regards,

Joe

Douglas Hicks

Those are not "corkers", they are "corks" spelled "caulks". Loggers, when we had loggers, used them to walk on logs and not slip.

Get a pair of golf shoes, they have sharp pointy things on them. When I was an EMT, we looked at a guy who had been on his apartment house roof. When he landed, face down, he drove his pointy cowboy boots into the soft ground. We left him there, face down. Pretty soon a Cadillac came by and took him away. He was put into an expensive box, then moved into a basement apartment.

I don't know how much he saved by being on the roof. But he was insured, so the insurance paid off the apartment house. I don't know if corks would have saved him. Listen to the folks who posted above.

Our Sponsors