Darn SPIDERS!

InCogNeato

Hi gang,

I have a problem and I thought I'd put it to the experts. I've been washing mobile homes for awhile now and spider poop seems impossible to completely remove. :smad: I've tried scrubbing with a strong solution of Oxi-Clean and no dice, doesn't even touch it. Still leaves the yellowish/green streak/splotch.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanx in advance,
Brian

john orr

Assuming they are, in fact, poop spots, my normal house wash mix removes them with no problem. I don't use bleach/chlorine when washing RV's, but I always have some house wash mix in the van.

InCogNeato

Hi John,
I'm about 99.99% sure that's what they are. The spots/streaks are always on the siding below most all spider web areas. Usually below shutters. Believe me, through the years, my parents and I tried EVERYTHING to get these spots off.....especially on the plastic top retaining strip for the skirting on mobile homes. The aluminum top strips are the same story. I have 20+ years experience with "mobile castles" from top to bottom, indoor and out. And this is the one thing I've never been able to "fix".

And I am using a great siding cleaner made by Zinser. It calls for chlorine bleach in the mixture, but I use Oxi-Clean because it's a oxygenated bleach instead. It's pretty economical too...a gallon makes 17 gallons. So, I guess to be blunt about it.....I'm at a total loss for ideas.

Thanks for replying,
Brian

scrubitt21

I've always had good luck removing it with a product called Thunderblast which I purchased at a Dollar General store. Can't seem to find it anymore but I'm sure Greased Lightning, Awesome or another cleaner/degreaser in a "dollar store" will work. Good Luck!!

Douglas Hicks

Hi John,
I'm about 99.99% sure that's what they are. The spots/streaks are always on the siding below most all spider web areas.
/QUOTE]

Brian, that is not spider crap. Imagine your self as an insect, flying along, minding your own business. All at once, you come to a stop! You cannot move and then you see a spider coming down the web towards you. What is going to ? the spider or the bug.

Now, you may want to reword your query.

Henry Bockman

Hi John,
I'm about 99.99% sure that's what they are. The spots/streaks are always on the siding below most all spider web areas.
/QUOTE]

Brian, that is not spider crap. Imagine your self as an insect, flying along, minding your own business. All at once, you come to a stop! You cannot move and then you see a spider coming down the web towards you. What is going to ? the spider or the bug.

Now, you may want to reword your query.

LMAOROTF!!!!!!!!

Do the spots look like this photo?

Attachments

• IMAG001A.jpg
    IMAG001A.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 42

InCogNeato

Nope, that's not it. I know what arty fungus looks like. I'll try to get a pic up for clarification. And I've tried pure bleach, Wesleys Bleach White for tire sidewalls, TSP, ect. Almost makes me wonder if it could even be sanded out! (of course, I'd never try that)

Dave Long

Are you using store bought bleach? If you are when people say use bleach thats not what they are talking about they are talking about Sodium Hypoclorite 12% you buy that at a pool supply store. Store bought bleach is like 5 to 6% much weaker it doesnt work for house washing for nothing.

Our Sponsors