Tile Roof Cleaning St. Petersburg FL. by K.J. Pressure Washing, LLC

K.J.

Here are some pics from one that we did yesterday at the Pasadena Yacht & Country Club. The pool deck and driveway were cleaned as well.
Special thanks goes out to Don of All Seasons Exteriors for working the ground on this roof cleaning job!

Last edited:

carla

non pressure roof cleaning

hi ken, I have a question about the non pressure roof cleaning. I use the applesause mix for my chemical when cleaning roofs, I have tried not to use the pressure washer to rinse, But thats not working for me because the roof does not look clean enough without the pressure washer to rinse. Can you tell me what I could possibly be doing wrong? When using the water hose from the tap it does not remove all the mildew.

K.J.

Roof Cleaning St. Pete FL. by K.J. Pressure Washing, LLC

Hello Carla,
Tile roofs like the one pictured usually require a few coats to get them fully clean. Resist the temptation to re-coat the tile before they are fully dry. Let the mix work for you then do the touch ups as needed. Once this is done , let mother nature do the rinsing for you.
Good Luck!:)

K.J.

This was a premium tile roof cleaning and recruited a premium ground man well in advanced for this job,... and oh yeah, a Hooters lunch didn't hurt either![spin]
Thanks Mark!

carla

Thanks Ken, That's the problem, I have been recoating but I haven't been giving the chemical time to do it's job before recoating. I did a roof today but still had to use the pressure washer. I have a tile roof next week and I'm gonna try your way on that one. Thanks again.

K.J.

Not a problem and good luck to you!
Post some before and afters once you are finished.[whatup]

carla

This was the roof rinsed with the pressure washer. I'll send the other ones when we try the other roof without the pressure washer to rinse this weekend.

Attachments

• P7120031.jpg
    P7120031.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 200
  • P7140037.jpg
    P7140037.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 199

K.J.

Tampa Fl. Roof Cleaning Pressure Washing

Looks great!
The next tile roof you do should and will look really good without the rinse. Once mother nature gives it a good rain, it will look as good as the first roof.

Mobilwash99

That looks Great Ken: I followed the question on this post and have a couple of follow up questions hopefully you don't mind:
After the application of the Applesauce mix you say to not rinse does the tile roof look somewhat clean when you get done or do you have to explain to the owners to let sit and rain will make the roof brighter I have only done asphalt shingle roofs so far

How much Applesauce mix did you use on that job and what sq footage I seem to be having problems getting the right amount.

Thanks DH

Here are some pics from one that we did yesterday at the Pasadena Yacht & Country Club. The pool deck and driveway were cleaned as well.
Special thanks goes out to Don of All Seasons Exteriors for working the ground on this roof cleaning job!

A-PLUS

Looks great Ken.
What mix do you use ?
I use 12% and water, unless it's a steep one, then
just a little soap for kling.
I'll be in Orlando 7/27 to 8/1. Hooking up with Don on the
31st to do some tile labor for learning.

K.J.

St. Petersburg Fl. Tile Roof Cleaning by K.J. Pressure Washing, LLC

That looks Great Ken: I followed the question on this post and have a couple of follow up questions hopefully you don't mind:
After the application of the Applesauce mix you say to not rinse does the tile roof look somewhat clean when you get done or do you have to explain to the owners to let sit and rain will make the roof brighter I have only done asphalt shingle roofs so far

How much Applesauce mix did you use on that job and what sq footage I seem to be having problems getting the right amount.

Thanks DH
Hello Daniel,
You asked if the tile roof will look clean without rinsing, well I would think that the proof is in the pics I posted! LOL!
Seriously though, I do NOT use that sauce. I do use my variation of the ARMA recipe that works very well for us. The tile roof that was posted was around 4,128 sq ft total under roof with out accounting for pitch. I think we used about 170 gallons of mix at about 4.5 %. There were a few areas that required some touching up, but still went rather well anyways.[wsmile]

K.J.

K.J.'s Tampa, FL. Tile Roof Cleaning

Looks great Ken.
What mix do you use ?
I use 12% and water, unless it's a steep one, then
just a little soap for kling.
I'll be in Orlando 7/27 to 8/1. Hooking up with Don on the
31st to do some tile labor for learning.

Hi David, I use a variation of the ARMA recipe.[wsmile]
I know you will have fun working with Don and you will definately walk away with more knowledge on roof cleaning when you are finished. He's about a 2 hour drive from me but I will check my schedule and see if I can hook up with you 2 after .....[whatup]

roof cleaning

Tile Roof Cleaning Tampa Florida

hi ken, I have a question about the non pressure roof cleaning. I use the applesause mix for my chemical when cleaning roofs, I have tried not to use the pressure washer to rinse, But thats not working for me because the roof does not look clean enough without the pressure washer to rinse. Can you tell me what I could possibly be doing wrong? When using the water hose from the tap it does not remove all the mildew.
Carla, I am Chris from Apple Roof Cleaning Tampa.
I know a "little" bit about Apple Sauce.
What percentage Apple Sauce are you using ?
I mean what percentage of Sodium Hypochlorite, TSP, and Borax ?

As you know, Apple Sauce can be made in different strengths.
If you are using shingle strength on a Tile Roof, it will require several touch ups.

Here are some Tile Roofs In Tampa Florida cleaned with Apple Sauce.

Look at the flat concrete tile roof, see how nice it came out ?
And this was BEFORE rinsing, and so was the other picture.
We are FAR too busy to take a picture, and come back for the after shot.

Attachments

• Tampa Non Pressure Roof Cleaning 022.jpg
    Tampa Non Pressure Roof Cleaning 022.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 61
  • Tampa Non Pressure Roof Cleaning 026.jpg
    Tampa Non Pressure Roof Cleaning 026.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 61
  • Tampa Cleaning Tile Roof 1.jpg
    Tampa Cleaning Tile Roof 1.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 60
  • Tampa Non Pressure Tile Roof Cleaning .jpg
    Tampa Non Pressure Tile Roof Cleaning .jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 61

carla

Carla, I am Chris from Apple Roof Cleaning Tampa.
I know a "little" bit about Apple Sauce.
What percentage Apple Sauce are you using ?
I mean what percentage of Sodium Hypochlorite, TSP, and Borax ?

As you know, Apple Sauce can be made in different strengths.
If you are using shingle strength on a Tile Roof, it will require several touch ups.

Here are some Tile Roofs In Tampa Florida cleaned with Apple Sauce.

Look at the flat concrete tile roof, see how nice it came out ?
And this was BEFORE rinsing, and so was the other picture.
We are FAR too busy to take a picture, and come back for the after shot.

I have a 50 gallon chemical tank, I use 20 gallons of sodium hypochlorite, 12.5 cups of trisodium phospate, 12.5 cups of borax and of course fill the tank to the rim with water. I've gotten better of course but still have room to grow. As far as time goes, personally I think a 2500-3000sf roof should take no longer than 2 to 3 hrs to clean and I haven't gotten up to that speed yet. But definitely use less of the pressure washer.

roof cleaning

I have a 50 gallon chemical tank, I use 20 gallons of sodium hypochlorite, 12.5 cups of trisodium phospate, 12.5 cups of borax and of course fill the tank to the rim with water. I've gotten better of course but still have room to grow. As far as time goes, personally I think a 2500-3000sf roof should take no longer than 2 to 3 hrs to clean and I haven't gotten up to that speed yet. But definitely use less of the pressure washer.
You live down in Broward County.
LOTS of filthy barrel tile roofs there.
Plus, a considerable amount of salt spray in the air.
On TOUGH Tile Roofs, here is what we do.
Add a little Sodium Hydroxide to the mix.
Try and find 50 percent Sodium Hydroxide, and use it instead of the Borax.
1/2 gallon of it, 6 cups TSP, 23 gallons Chlorine, and the rest water to the top of the 50 gallon tank.
This mix will clean ANY tile roof, and the addition of the Sodium Hydroxide will make concrete tiles white as can be.
Be CAREFUL ?
50 percent Sodium Hydroxide is NASTY stuff, wear gloves/eye protection, and if it gets on skin, rinse like heck, then rinse some more.
Once diluted into the water, you are OK.

Our Sponsors