New to Roofs

WelchPwrCln

I have tanks for water and chem as well as a chem injector. I just ordered two Shurflo 12v 100psi 1.8gpm pumps and 100' Poly Hose with wand and am anxious to set it up and see how it works on my roof! What else will I need and can I expect to clean one and two story roofs from ground or gutter level?

newbie pete

black streaked roofs you can clean from the gutter, as long as your pump will push the chem. to the top of the roof. Roofs with algae and lichen (green) will need to be rinsed close range to make them detach from the roof( using no pressure) so you'll find that walking the roof will be the best way. If the roof is too steep, you can try to get it off from the gutter or somehow put a ladder up to the peak of the roof and straddle the peak. Sometimes the other side of the roof may be less steep so you can get up from that side then spray down the steep side from the peak. Just use your head and try to find the best and safest way and never underestimate safety. I fell of of a roof last week by pushing my luck doing something I didn't feel comfortable doing (it turns out there was a reason I didn't feel comfortable doing it) so always think when your up there

WelchPwrCln

The pumps just came in, I am going build a cart set up for the pumps, hose reel and battery so I don't have to take it on every job! I am not going to take any roofs I don't feel comfortable walking or can't clean from gutter level. I guess what I want to know is what is the range for dual shurflo 100 psi pumps and this wand Applicator Assembly #7002. I am going to test it once I get it hooked up, I am taking the next two days off so it should be installed and tested by the weekend. I just need to find what i can and can't clean before I go out and offer to do a job that is not safe to walk and cannot be cleaned from gutter level. Will I my extension wand and a water broom do a good job from gutter level on steep pitches?

WelchPwrCln

I am not sure what type of chem injector it is, but it looks like a regular brass quick disconnect and a draw hose flange, can someone please recommend one that will work well with this set up.

roof cleaning

The pumps just came in, I am going build a cart set up for the pumps, hose reel and battery so I don't have to take it on every job! I am not going to take any roofs I don't feel comfortable walking or can't clean from gutter level. I guess what I want to know is what is the range for dual shurflo 100 psi pumps and this wand Applicator Assembly #7002. I am going to test it once I get it hooked up, I am taking the next two days off so it should be installed and tested by the weekend. I just need to find what i can and can't clean before I go out and offer to do a job that is not safe to walk and cannot be cleaned from gutter level. Will I my extension wand and a water broom do a good job from gutter level on steep pitches?
Wow, dual pumpps will shoot farther because of more flow.
To make a small 12 volt pump shoot, you need to make the hose as BIG as possible, and as short as possible.
5/8 or even 3/4 inch hose is best.
Small diameter hose eats up flow and pressure.
That wand set up seems to use metal parts in the gun that will corrode in a few days use.
You may call me at 813 655 8777
My name is Chris of Apple Roof Cleaning in Tampa.
I dont get over here a lot

Our Sponsors