Truck and Trailer ???

Bulldog7840

I currently own a Ford E350 Ecoliner Cub Van. The positive is it can hold a lot of water. The negative is it really hard to get in heated storage. The van is 12 1/2 feet tall so it doesn't fit in a normal garage door. So I am looking in to getting a pickup truck and trailers. SO I have two question do I need to get 4x4 pick up. Or can I get 4x2 and save on the price of the trucks. Second I would like some suggestion on how to setup the trailer up.

john orr

8 gpm rig

Hopefully, the above link will take you to my website photo of my set-up. When the weather turns cold, I put the trailer in my garage and use a small ceramic space heater in the van.

By the way, one advantage to a trailer/garage is that in cold weather, you can start and run the skid while you're driving to keep it from freezing.

Last edited:

Bulldog7840

Thanks John. So a garage and a small space heater keeps your unit from freezing over. Do you always come back with no water??

john orr

Thanks John. So a garage and a small space heater keeps your unit from freezing over. Do you always come back with no water??

Actually, I rarely carry more than 50 gallons of water. At 8.33 lbs/gallon, the weight adds up quickly. (I have electric brakes on the trailer, but it does lengthen stopping distances plus lowers mpg.) The furnace for my house is located in the garage, so it is sort-of heated.

Our Sponsors