soaps??????

Dan S

what do you guys use for BLACK trks. it seems i tryed them all and it dont matter what kind of soap i use it dont come clean thru the downstream/w/hot water then high pre. rince.today i had to break out the brush. it's the only way i found to make BLACK look good. and i know there has to be a better way. whan the drivers grab the handle or rub against the truck you can see there hand prints even when i wash .. but using a brush you cant see nothin but black.........any advice???????????????

Bruce

Dan, Have you ever tried soap at high pressure, if you do very much truck washing this is a must,(it is for me anyway). you can do a truck in about half the time and do a better job on the frame, motor, bugs, ect.
if you need any more help let me know.
Bruce

Dave Olson

Hi Dan,

We always brush vehicles doesn't make any difference what color they are. They always come out cleaner, takes more labor though! We most generally use a 5 man crew. 1 applys detergent, 2 brush, 2 rinse.

Dave Olson

------------------
Tidy Powerwash Service, Inc. P.O. Box 781, Catlin, Illinois 61817 Phone 217-427-5557, Fax 217-427-2632 We are a commercial cleaning contractor serving East-Central Illinois and West Central Indiana since 1984. http://www.tps-inc.com

Scott Stone

Brushing will always work best, However, the mistake with a lot of mobile washers is that they do not use enough soap. It takes a little bit of soap to just get the dirt to react with it. You can also use DI water to make the soap more active. It does not have to fight the hardness to get at the dirt.

------------------
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Just a guy driving around trying to make a living washing trucks, Wouldn't know a deck if it bit me in the hind quarters,

Bus. Phone 480-834-3434
Cell Phone 602-509-9741

Rob Blair

Hey Dan,

We brush all our trucks, nothing I know gets them as clean as brushing. I have got to where I don't want to do it any other way, I like them CLEAN. Something I'm always telling my crew....the idea is to get them done right, not just to get done........Rob

Dan S

im sorry guys but those of you who brush..have fun!! i disagree with you even though a black trk. leaves someprints not every-one does..and i agree with SCOTT with using more soap..these p/washers are set up for brush-less .. and i tell you what i do alot of white trks. as well; and if you got to brush a white trk. or any light colored trk. to me you are wasting your time.. i can make a light colored trk. shine and if you put a brushed one beside it you cant see the dif..but my big Q was soaps i know what i have works w/ some work but i know there is something even better brushless is the only way to go.. even though SOMETIMES it needs it......im not treying to step on anybodies toes here i just realy disagree w/ brushing ..when you have 80 trks looking at you it's time to get to work .. i wont hire anybody i keep it in the family..
my intent here was not to start a war on the brushing subject..im sorry if i made you shake your head .. but i tell you what for those of you guys who say you can make a trk. shine w/brushing that is true;;; however i can make it shine as well without a brush ( light colored trk only ) the black is a dif. story .

Our Sponsors