Water recovery question

Moabmac PwP

I am not set up for water recovery as of yet,
Q: Anyone know? If I clean a gas station lot that the only run off is to storm drains, (which I can not use) but there is a sewer clean out near by, can I pump into that? (doesn't seem very professional,just want to know if it can be done.)

That will depend on the water treatment authority that treats the sewer water. Some may require you to have a point discharge permit to do so and they may require water testing as before they approve it. In my area there's a $2,500 fee per location for a discharge permit.

Freakypapa

I agree that the sewer plant people are in charge...but that being said, they require washers in my area to dump into sewer cleanouts, without any testing or permit fees...so far. Generally, i dump into my customer's cleanout, or at home later, which ever is most convenient for me.

Service station washwater may be a problem beyond the norm however. In my case since the water treatment and city people know me, I would go for it. But if you're not familiar with them, I wouldn't get caught dumping hydrocarbons without some agreement.

MR ALAN

All places are different but the way it works here is the location that you are washing has a sanitary discharge permit for their place of business and you are generating water at that place of business, so your wash water can be discharged onsite with no permit. They want sediment filtered out and have no concern for the chemicals as they feel it will be plenty diluted when it gets to the plant.
All places vary though, check local regs first.

Our Sponsors