Cleaning For Heroes

New Look

Registerd User
This deserves it's own thread [r2]
Originally Posted by CFHeroes View Post
Hi Everyone!

My name is Torrey Shannon and I am here thanks to an invitation by Carlos, whom I have great respect! I have been in the cleaning industry for a number of years, but my biggest role (aside from being the wife of a combat-injured veteran) is working with a program called Cleaning for Heroes. I am the Executive Director and Spokesperson and appreciate the value of our program in a variety of ways.

Cleaning for Heroes is the only 501(c)3 nonprofit that provides free housecleaning, maintenance and repair services to elderly and disabled veterans and first responders in need. Many heartfelt requests come in to our program from service members and heroes that want to maintain their dignity and their home.

I hope to connect with like-minded people on this board to discover ways we can work together in communities across the nation. You can check out our site at Home to learn more or request an application to join. I'll post more about our program in another thread as well. I just wanted you to learn more about who I am and why I am here.

On a personal note, I live wayyyy up in the Rocky Mountains of Colorado with my husband and children but stay very busy despite my remote location. I am actively involved in a variety of media outlets as an expert on veteran care issues, but always find time to cherish the blessings that I have. I feel blessed to be here with you all!

Torrey Shannon
Executive Director
Cleaning For Heroes

New Look

Registerd User
Torrey,

Welcome to PWN and thank you for your tireless efforts in promoting Cleaning For Heroes. As many will attest from our industry, Cleaning For Heroes is such a worthwhile cause. I personally encourage and expect our fellow pressure washing contractors to throw their support behind Cleaning For Heroes in their efforts in providing cleaning services for our veterans, police and fire!

Torrey, please feel free to post and keep all of us here at PWN updated on how we can stay involved.

Learn more about Cleaning For Heroes HERE

Welcome Torrey, and thank you for the honorable work you do. As a proud member of the American Legion, Post 105, and the Patriot Guard, it is my honor to serve my fellow veterans.

I have signed up my company, Grime Busters, LLC, and my wife owns two cleaning businesses, and she has also volunteered to provide her companies services.

God bless our American Hero's. I hire nothing but Veterans, and volunteer my time and efforts to Crossroads, Inc, a rehabilitation center here in Arizona who helps Veterans get back on their feet and overcome any substance abuse issues.

People conveniently forget we are at war, 7000 brave men and women have given their all protecting our freedoms, liberties and out Constitution. 20,000+ come home wounded, some will live with permanent disabilities, and their families struggle to survive. Just amazes me how many people "assume" our government takes good care of our Vet's once they return home. Nothing could be farther from the reality our brave men and women face upon their return.

Once again, that you for all you do Torrey, and you can always count on me and my colleagues.

Allison Heste

We are going to be featuring Cleaning for Heroes in the premiere issue of our new online magazine, Pressure Cleaning Contactor.

Anyone interested in being interviewed, let me know. Thanks!

I'm anxious to clean our first home or facility. I'd be happy to be interviewed Allison.

I received my copy of the "Bible" today, thank you and Steve very much. Now all I need is the time to read it. Maybe a DVD or book on CD would of been a better option for us that don't sleep much ???

We are going to be featuring Cleaning for Heroes in the premiere issue of our new online magazine, Pressure Cleaning Contactor.

Doug Rucker

PWN ADMIN TEAM -
Staff member

Am more than willing to be interviewed Allison, but since I am writhing an article it may be to much of me. Plenty of other great choices. I think a great choice for you to interview would be Jim at Grime Busters. Love his company and the fact that he is a Vet and hires only Vets.

Allison Heste

I'm anxious to clean our first home or facility. I'd be happy to be interviewed Allison.

I received my copy of the "Bible" today, thank you and Steve very much. Now all I need is the time to read it. Maybe a DVD or book on CD would of been a better option for us that don't sleep much ???

I will be starting interviews on Thursday (hopefully!).

As for the book, Steve is working on an audio version. Let me know if you'd prefer to trade the book in for that one. It just won't be ready for a bit.

My plan is to have it read by Christmas....2012. LOL !!![boing]

I will be starting interviews on Thursday (hopefully!).

As for the book, Steve is working on an audio version. Let me know if you'd prefer to trade the book in for that one. It just won't be ready for a bit.

Allison, if you need any information on Garage Cleaning or discharge, I would be happy to talk about it with you.

One thing that is always over looked is the production reliability in terms of GPM of a filtration unit.

Please call me at 510-612-0437

Our Sponsors