It has been over 3 years

New Look

Registerd User
Just checking in!

I'll try to check in more often.

Dave Olson

It is good seeing you Dave and thanks for checking in. It's been a long time since this BBS has seen some consistent activity. It will be good to get PWN out of 1st gear.

Hope things are well in your neck of the woods.

Again, welcome back!!

Clean County

Hey Dave--R U still rocking and rolling in the Powerwashing Business?? You had the coolest trucks I ever seen on the net. Also it was great meeting you at that NC RT a few years back. Good to see you are still around the bb's once in awhile.

Dave Olson

Hey Dave--R U still rocking and rolling in the Powerwashing Business?? You had the coolest trucks I ever seen on the net. Also it was great meeting you at that NC RT a few years back. Good to see you are still around the bb's once in awhile.

Hi John,

Yep, we are still here just trying to hang on! We also still have the two GMC's that you remember.

Dave Olson

Dave Olson

Dave, How have you been? Good to see you on the PWN!:)

Hello Mark,

Thanks for asking.

In the last three years I've had two surgery's.

They removed most of the skin from the top of my head in late 2007. Skin cancer from over ex-poser to the sun. I didn't wear a hat much when I was a kid working in the fields on the farm!

Eight months ago I was diagnosed with lung cancer. They found a spot on the right upper lobe of my lung. Seven months ago they removed that lobe which is about 16% of the total lung! They say that they got it all and I will continue to have CT scans every six months for the next several years. If I make it 5 years with no more cancer the surgeon says I should be good to go!

Right now, I'm still in the recovery mode. I try to walk a mile or so each day to get the breathing system working again!

I worked with my crew the last three days![wsmile]

How about you Mark, are things in your life going Ok?

Dave Olson

Mark

Moderator / Sponsor
Dave,

Glad you are doing better. All things considered we are
doing well. God is good!

New Look

Registerd User
Hello Mark,

Thanks for asking.

In the last three years I've had two surgery's.

They removed most of the skin from the top of my head in late 2007. Skin cancer from over ex-poser to the sun. I didn't wear a hat much when I was a kid working in the fields on the farm!

Eight months ago I was diagnosed with lung cancer. They found a spot on the right upper lobe of my lung. Seven months ago they removed that lobe which is about 16% of the total lung! They say that they got it all and I will continue to have CT scans every six months for the next several years. If I make it 5 years with no more cancer the surgeon says I should be good to go!

Right now, I'm still in the recovery mode. I try to walk a mile or so each day to get the breathing system working again!

I worked with my crew the last three days![wsmile]

How about you Mark, are things in your life going Ok?

Dave Olson

Wow - God Bless You Dave!!

Allison Heste

Hey Dave! Fun to see your name. Don't know if you remember me from YEARS ago when I was editor for Cleaner Times. (I'm working with Steve Stephens now.)

Dave Olson

Hello Allison,

Yes I remember reading many of your excellent editorials.

It was a sad day when I heard you left Cleaner Times. I thought you and Charlene made a great team!

Glad to see you here.

Tell me about the consulting that you and Steve are doing. Got any ideas on retirement planning? It is getting real close for me.

Dave Olson

Allison Heste

About Steve

Wow! You've had a lot going on!

I don't know if your heard or read that Steve was in a horrible car wreck in 2008 that left him (temporarily) paralyzed and without use of his hands. He's made signficant strides in his recovery, but he cannot wash day in, day out like he used to.

We are starting a new online magazine called Pressure Cleaning Contractor. We struggled with the idea because we did not want to compete with Cleaner Times. They've been good to both of us and they are a great resource for the industry. However, we are going to be exclusively for the contractor -- something Cleaner Times will never be able to do. We hope to be able to collaborate with them.

As for consulting, I don't know about the retirement planning. I will ask. I know Steve had to deplete his entire 401K to cover bills after the accident, so retirement is not on his mind at the moment! He can definitely help companies with business planning, marketing planning as well as things like specialty cleaning and stain removal.

Good to see you and I want to catch up more soon.

God bless!

Last edited:

Our Sponsors