Sealing Flagstone!

New Look

Registerd User
I am big fan of water based sealants particularly Seal N Lock. It has been my experience that water based sealants are easy to work with and offer a great add on to my pressure washing services.

I enjoy this work and it is great money$$$.

Attachments

• 016.jpg
    016.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 31
  • 017.jpg
    017.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 31
  • 035.jpg
    035.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 31
  • 036.jpg
    036.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 31
  • 037.jpg
    037.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 31

New Look

Registerd User
Looks great Carlos. The water based sealers do not last long at all here in the Phoenix market, due to the extreme heat conditions our summers provide.

I have found an excellent product manufactured by W.R Meadows called Arizona Seal;

W. R. MEADOWS, INC. Construction Products

ARIZONA SEAL Curing & Sealing Compound

Not sure if Arizona Seal is recommended for Flagstone.

I am averaging about 18 months on residential sealant. Many factor play into the longevity of sealers...heat, sun, foot traffic and etc. High temps will certainly take the "shine" out of stamped concrete quickly!!

I (we) have done dozens of failing sealer removal projects. here, because of the sun and the UV / UA the water based / acrylic sealers turn an ugly yellowish brown (like dried Elmer's glue) and begin to peel.

I first tried the Arizona Seal on my exposed aggregate at my home 5 years ago. Still looks as good as the day I applied it (2 coats). Very impressive.

I owned and operated a painting company in Chicago for about 10 years. I know painting, and adhesion is priority #1, (proper preparation of the surface) and using the best quality materials is the second most important factor.

Any schmuck can apply a coat of paint or sealer and it will look great. The home owner or property owner will pay the invoice. Important to remember you are placing your companies reputation on the line if/when that coating begins to fail prematurely.

Like any quality product, the W R Meadows products aren't cheap in price, but if your project will remain looking as good as new for 5 years (as my personal experience has been) and your competitors fails in 18 months, the word of mouth business reputation your will receive in return is priceless.

I've done many sealer projects, and provided a written warranty for 3 years with each. I strongly suggest to the customer a recoat is required at 3 years. Did one about a month ago, have 2 more scheduled for follow-up calls in December. The one we did in October looked great, no signs of browning or failure. Spun the project using 25 degree tips, rinsed thoroughly, then returned the following day and applied two coats. Good money !

I am averaging about 18 months on residential sealant. Many factor play into the longevity of sealers...heat, sun, foot traffic and etc. High temps will certainly take the "shine" out of stamped concrete quickly!!

New Look

Registerd User
Don't get me wrong...my product ~ Seal N Lock is not failing at 18 months. I haven't had a problem with it since I started using it.

Good tips though and thanks for the heads up on the product in AZ

Our Sponsors