A brand new world...

GreenGator

Hello All!
My name is Matthew Cox and I just opened Green Gator, Eco Power Washing in Sacramento, CA.
By day, I am a mild mannered Publisher of a free consumer guide and of two websites... by night, I am trying to secure my family's financial well being. I am married to a very beautiful and supportive wife and we have two little girls under 3 years old.
When I was 16, I started a Detailing Company that sent me to college with well over 6 figures in my pocket. I figure, it is time to get back to cleaning and making my own money.
I am brand new to Power Washing. I plan on focusing on exterior surface cleaning fpr bothj Residential and Commercial. with my Hydro Tek T-400 Trailer Rig with SC3505. (See Attached)
I know next to nothing, short of all the material I have read and my marketing experience, so I need lots of help and welcome it all.
Matthew Cox
Green Gator
Eco Power Washing

Attachments

• IMG00258-20101222-1603.jpg
    IMG00258-20101222-1603.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 43

New Look

Registerd User
Matthew...welcome to PWN and also to Power Washing. I am down the road from you towards San Francisco.

If I could suggest, read...read...and read the post on this BBS to gain some understanding. Also, ask away on any questions that you may have regarding applications, soaps, washing procedures and etc.

Last edited:

Chad Cobb

PWN TEAM - Moderator
Welcome aboard!! That is a nice rig to start with, I started with alot less. One good thing you have is the know how to run a business, you did to get you through college. Start back with what you know, because it worked, then expand. Doing Commerical work is alot like being a sales man. You have to go out and find the work, sale your product and you rservice then maintain it, because there is someone out there trying to get it. Read, read, read and then read somemore, if you have a question don't be scared to ask, the only dumb questions is one that is never asked!! Good luck

Doug Rucker

PWN ADMIN TEAM -
Staff member
Best of Luck to you Matthew, great to have you here on PWN. If we can help in any way, just let us know.

Welcome aboard Matthew. Great start-up rig. I would suggest teaming up with a local contractor and gaining some experience. Worst think you can do is "practice" on customers property, since you will learn that certain actions with a pressure washing wand and surface cleaner can leave irreversible damage.

I know there are a couple professional contractors on this board in your area, and they are great men and willing to help any newcomer to the industry get started off correctly.

I'm in Phoenix, so on the job training would be a bit of a drive for you. But I would be happy to answer any questions you might have at anytime.

Welcome Matt.

I see you are in Sacramento Area. Wow, that is just around the corner from us. Call me sometime. Maybe on a large job we can hook up. ALWAYS looking for a good contractor in addition to the one I have.

I have one now, He has been good in understanding Garage Cleaning. However, there are occasions where we need an extra washer for time issues. If that be the case, we may look for some help.

What is the specs of your rig. I see you have a Hydro for the filtration. I like that unit. It is great for times when you need something for an area that is not practical for our unit.

Call me some time

Allison Heste

Hey Matthew,

Make sure you sign up for the premiere issue of our new online magazine, Pressure Cleaning Contractor. I am also curious to see your other website. My background is in writing/publishing so I'd love to take a look.

This is a great bunch of guys and with a couple of them right around the corner, you're in great hands. Best wishes to you!

Doug Rucker

PWN ADMIN TEAM -
Staff member
Hey Matthew,

Make sure you sign up for the premiere issue of our new online magazine, Pressure Cleaning Contractor. I am also curious to see your other website. My background is in writing/publishing so I'd love to take a look.

This is a great bunch of guys and with a couple of them right around the corner, you're in great hands. Best wishes to you!

CAn't believe Allison didn't tell you this, so I will. Contact Allison and order the book by Steve Stephens, "The Pressure Cleaning Bible". Matt, I so wish this book was available when I started. It is worth every penny you will spend on it and more. I ahve been in ths business for 20 plus years and I consider the book invaluable. ORDER IT TODAY. You will be glad you did.

GreenGator

CAn't believe Allison didn't tell you this, so I will. Contact Allison and order the book by Steve Stephens, "The Pressure Cleaning Bible". Matt, I so wish this book was available when I started. It is worth every penny you will spend on it and more. I ahve been in ths business for 20 plus years and I consider the book invaluable. ORDER IT TODAY. You will be glad you did.
Sold! I will order today!

GreenGator

Welcome aboard Matthew. Great start-up rig. I would suggest teaming up with a local contractor and gaining some experience. Worst think you can do is "practice" on customers property, since you will learn that certain actions with a pressure washing wand and surface cleaner can leave irreversible damage.

I know there are a couple professional contractors on this board in your area, and they are great men and willing to help any newcomer to the industry get started off correctly.

I'm in Phoenix, so on the job training would be a bit of a drive for you. But I would be happy to answer any questions you might have at anytime.
Thank you for the advice! I don't want to learn by error!

Our Sponsors