Landa ECOS Pressure Washing/Recycle Trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.

810F250

[video=youtube;PkRnFP_NziU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkRnFP_NziU&feature=feedu[/video]

What do you think?

810F250

I'm sure somebody will buy it, but it won't be me.

LOL

What do you think for an engineering/design standpoint?

I had an idea to use the exhaust like carpet cleaners do to preheat the water, but Landa takes it to the next level with the controls, nice.

I wish they had the ECOS with the SLT/SLX units and a engine driven vac.

I also like the tank designs, next they will have a vac surface cleaner.

LOL

What do you think for an engineering/design standpoint?

I had an idea to use the exhaust like carpet cleaners do to preheat the water, but Landa takes it to the next level with the controls, nice.

I wish they had the ECOS with the SLT/SLX units and a engine driven vac.

I also like the tank designs, next they will have a vac surface cleaner.

Hey Nigel, no fair telling our next design secrets to the public. LOL

We are considering building the next generation Pressure Washer as our first. Actually we are torn between the Allison and our design. The Allison twin pump design is impressive. We actually considered something like it back in 2001. Though the dual clutches cannot work on the larger pumps. This is a draw back for us and is making us reconsider our design with the next generation improvements. These improvements should hopefully will bring down the costs as well as improve performance.

810F250

Hey Nigel, no fair telling our next design secrets to the public. LOL

We are considering building the next generation Pressure Washer as our first. Actually we are torn between the Allison and our design. The Allison twin pump design is impressive. We actually considered something like it back in 2001. Though the dual clutches cannot work on the larger pumps. This is a draw back for us and is making us reconsider our design with the next generation improvements. These improvements should hopefully will bring down the costs as well as improve performance.

Indeed the Allison twin pumps are awesome, more and more I would have preferred one.

Cant wait to see your "smaller" rig.

Nigel, this rig was at the Charlotte roundtable. It is an outstanding and impressive piece of equipment. As usual the price was high. I think it was in the mid to upper 20's or maybe even 30k.

Everywhere you look there were little bits and pieces of technology that made you say "Wow, I never even thought of that" There were, unfortunately some goofy things too like the access door having to be bolted instead of latched where you get to the "hand adjustable" belts thanks to CETA and their "belt cover" safety junk that's now required.

Other than that, it was outstanding. I still think Landa makes the best PW equipment available. We'll probably buy one of these on Craigslist for pennies on the dollar eventually. But there's no justification to spend that much now for this machine. Chris can use it for concrete work, but I can't because I can't use recycled water to clean filters or coils. Recycled water smells.

810F250

Nigel, this rig was at the Charlotte roundtable. It is an outstanding and impressive piece of equipment. As usual the price was high. I think it was in the mid to upper 20's or maybe even 30k.

Everywhere you look there were little bits and pieces of technology that made you say "Wow, I never even thought of that" There were, unfortunately some goofy things too like the access door having to be bolted instead of latched where you get to the "hand adjustable" belts thanks to CETA and their "belt cover" safety junk that's now required.

Other than that, it was outstanding. I still think Landa makes the best PW equipment available. We'll probably buy one of these on Craigslist for pennies on the dollar eventually. But there's no justification to spend that much now for this machine. Chris can use it for concrete work, but I can't because I can't use recycled water to clean filters or coils. Recycled water smells.

You saw it first hand Tony, I would have liked that.

Landa machines are a bit pricier, i agree.

I think the carpet cleaning machines concepts are making there way to the "pure" pressure washing contractors. One power plant driving all thats needed, pw pump, vac, generator, possibly pumpout too.

Recycled water smells.

Some apparently do not know how to use a quality filtration unit. Using a good filtration unit will not produce any " Smells". Your cheaper units, units to just get by, will smell and smell badly.

We at the Crystal Cleaning Company LLC do not use companies or personal that are limited in their knowledge of filtration units. The ones that are, can produce a fowl smell that is offensive to your guests of the garage. Since filtration units are required for Garage Cleaning in most states, it is important to use a company that has the proper training, knowledge and equipment to prevent those smells. A company that has an understanding of what the EPA agencies are looking for.

Look for a company that is striving to always have the latest technology to do a better job and stay away from those companies who produce the smells with out dated filtration units or who have none at all. These companies can pose a health issue from not have the proper training in filtration which is not good for children and the elderly.

And, by the way Jim, That system alone cost us over $72k before we scrapped it completely and starting our current cleaning method. We had two fully operational units, one in an enclosed trailer and the other within an enclosed bucket truck compete with onboard generators for the pumps, large battery packs with inverters to run the clean power required for the ultrasonic machines and all the plumbing required.

We have not been shy about spending money to operate in the most environmentally friendly way possible while still maintaining economic viability. But when we realized we were going about it the wrong way we were more than willing to stop, re-evaluate and scrap it all. I sold one of the $14k ultrasonic machines for $2500 after it sat in our warehouse for a couple of years. Live and learn I guess.

And, by the way Jim, That system alone cost us over $72k before we scrapped it completely and starting our current cleaning method. We had two fully operational units, one in an enclosed trailer and the other within an enclosed bucket truck compete with onboard generators for the pumps, large battery packs with inverters to run the clean power required for the ultrasonic machines and all the plumbing required.

We have not been shy about spending money to operate in the most environmentally friendly way possible while still maintaining economic viability. But when we realized we were going about it the wrong way we were more than willing to stop, re-evaluate and scrap it all. I sold one of the $14k ultrasonic machines for $2500 after it sat in our warehouse for a couple of years. Live and learn I guess.

Tony,

I am glad that you spend so much money to try out a system that you believed would work. I am sure you was very passionate about this system that you spent so much money on and now, had to sell it at a discounted rate. A discounted rate which resulted in a loss of over a -80% on your invested money. I am sure that was hard to deal with losing all of that money on a device that you preached and advertised was the best in what it did. I am sorry that it was a flop for you.

In regards to our filtration unit that I allowed you to see...You know, The little one that you wrote saying it was, " A filter on steroids"

Apparently you just looked at the containers of our filtration and assumed that they were "Pool Filters". True, there are appearance similarities, but that is were it stops. What's inside a container is what makes a filter that is correct for the cleaning situation.

I have explained to you about the DE filtration units and how they can expand from the fumes and possibly EXPLODE if mixed with the wrong chemicals. That came directly from Landa engineers which strongly advised against it. I was more then happy to explain to you then in hopes that you do NOT try it. Lets face it, with the exception of your pool, you have little to no experience in this type of filtration. After all, you state that you pour caustic down the storm drain gallons at a time when on a job site. Something that I am sure would be frowned upon in other states.

I am sorry that I would not explain the substance inside each filter, however you do not know about filtration of waste for a Parking Garage Cleaning scenario. Class II waste can be recycled and used if you have the correct filtration under certain situations. You are wrong on this subject. I think your friend Scott Stone has written that he reuses his water all the time. Your thread here would discredit his business scenario that he worked so hard to prove to his clients that you can reuse filtration water.

Now, do I reuse our filtration water, NO I do not. The reason is NOT BECAUSE OF THE SMELLS....THERE ARE NO SMELLS FROM OUR FILTRATION UNIT BEFORE, DURING OR AFTER THE CLEANING JOB. In fact, when you was here examine our filtration unit, you did not smell any orders, yet the unit was just back from a job that we did over week ago. The unit was in the sun for over 10 days. I did not have the chance to clean it, yet, since I was in Las Vegas with you, again, no smell.

NOW for the reason why we do not reuse our filtration units water.....

The reason WHY WE DO NOT " REUSE" OUR FILTRATION WATER is for the particles below 5 microns. If you have several particles of 5 microns in a water droplet, then that droplet cannot absorb product as much as " Virgin" water can. If fact, some product may dislodge back into the cleaning area thus having to " Re-clean" those areas.

If your complaint was on this issue, I would not of said anything. However your complaint was about the " Smell". Our units... Yes, I have More then the one you saw, NEVER smell. I do not use choline or any special agent for any smell in regards to the filtration unit.

I have yet to see any system that uses our reusable filtration units for the sole purpose of Parking Garage Cleaning.

However, using a incorrect filtration system or a undersized one... may produce a fowl smell. Fortunately we do not have the problem that you are experiencing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Our Sponsors