HAck City - Same restaraunt

Doug Rucker

PWN ADMIN TEAM -
Staff member
More from the same restaraunt. They just did't know when to stop I guess.

Attachments

• P2210965.jpg
    P2210965.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 47
  • P2210962.jpg
    P2210962.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 47
Saved to my Hall of Shame collection.

Despicable. And all it takes is one hack and destruction like that to give the entire industry a bad rap.

Doug Rucker

PWN ADMIN TEAM -
Staff member
Jim, am I correct in assuming this cannot be restored, without tearing it up and pouring new. This is actually a former client of mine.

Yes sir. They scarred the creme of the concrete, exposing the rougher aggregate. The choices are to media blast the entire concrete area in an attempt to evenly expose the same degree of the exposed aggregate, or skim coat the surface with one of many concrete coatings, some of which I am told will withstand heavy foot traffic situations. But I have also witnesses these same coatings fail from skateboarders and bicyclists stunts, and one recently where a powered pallet jack us used frequently to deliver goods to a restaurant / bar called the Yard House.

This damage is 100% avoidable, and is usually done at the hands of "hack" companies and now more times than not the "all in one" maintenance companies that have Jose, who trims bushes and pushes a lawnmower most of the time, work overtime the same night and the just give him a wand or, in this case, a spinner and tell his to clean it. Apparently this hack didn't have the common sense to NEVER pull the trigger on a spinner while it is sitting stationary (which is why all those crop circles exist). The striping can be caused by several things, most likely a clogged tip or walking too slow and overlapping way too much.

As always, I hope I have answered your questions. I am always willing to help any fellow contractor at anytime. Feel free to contact me at anytime. If I am available I will take your call right away, and if I am not immediately available, I will return your call, email or respond to your posting just as soon as I can.

That is my biggest reward and the reason the PWN is the best contractor to contractor forum online. Many other boards simply ignore the newcomer and are very short or arrogant with their responses. Then you have certain "kings" who will help only if it benefits his in return.

I do what I do because I enjoy sharing my knowledge and experiences. I want everyone to succeed and be able to provide for their families. And the PWN has at least a dozen of professional contractors, all leading the industry with their respectable and responsible business models, and all just as eager to help.

Okay, it's a dirty world, and we have several "Grime Scenes" to investigate and resolve today. One more cup of coffee and I'm good to go.

Doug, and to all the members of PWN; have an awesome day, treat your customers like family and exceed all of their expectations. And never forget to thank them each and every time for choosing your company.
Jim, am I correct in assuming this cannot be restored, without tearing it up and pouring new. This is actually a former client of mine.

Our Sponsors