Let me show my ignorance by asking this question....

David Edwards

I keep seeing terms like "soft wash" and "no pressure" cleaning.

I understand that this means psi less than some-say-500, some-say-300, etc.

But what equipment is used? Is this just turning down pressure on the machine, or a special tip or a completely different set-up?

Thanks for any insight.

HotShot

PWN TEAM - Moderator
What a STUPID question!!!

Just kidding man, I think it proves what I've been saying for a long time with the "no pressure" and "soft washing" stuff that most of you guys advertise. Nobody but us knows what it means. Not only does it not mean a lot to the regular person looking for your services, but it also makes it sound like "anybody" could do it.

Stop it already, guys. You can educate your customer based on their needs once you get the offer to bid, but NOBODY searches for "soft washing".

I could be wrong, it's happened before, hhahha, but I know if I want something cleaned I go on Google or to a phone book and look up pressure washing companies or cleaning services.. or outdoor cleaning services..etc.

David, to answer your question.. just nozzle down and you'll be fine.

Doug Rucker

PWN ADMIN TEAM -
Staff member
I keep seeing terms like "soft wash" and "no pressure" cleaning.

I understand that this means psi less than some-say-500, some-say-300, etc.

But what equipment is used? Is this just turning down pressure on the machine, or a special tip or a completely different set-up?

Thanks for any insight.

David in my opinon "Soft Washing" or NoN Pressure means just that. Not using high pressure to clean an exterior surface of a home. Most professional pressure washing companies/contractors have been doing the soft wash method for years, we are just now trying to advertise/market it more to separate us from the person who goes to HD/Lowes to by a Pressure Washer hose and wand and go out and start cleaning by blasting away at roofs or houses.

A lot of Contractors, myself included, do have a separate set up for soft washing. I use my dedeicated roof pump system for cleaning houses and roofs. The only I time I use my pressure Washing rig is for cleaning flat work. You can also achieve soft washing by X jetting and DS'ing as well.

While I agree with ANT about the "nobody searches Soft waShing", Soft Washing is a term that more and more home owners are starting to understand and ask about. The more we use these terms and explain what it is, the more customers will realize that not just "anybody" can do it as these dedicated soft wash systems are not available in HD or Lowes.

Mark

Moderator / Sponsor
We have sold systems suitable for softwashing for years, using either roller pumps, or diaphram
pumps, using a diaphram pump a popular model is rated at 8.5 gpm, 550 psi.

We used to build a package back in the 80's which consisted of a 9 GPM @ 1600 PSI pressure
washer, for washing cedar shake roofs, and a diaphram pump unit for applying roof treatment.
(There was a company that sold a roof cleaning franchise that we supplied the equipment for.)

Today cedar shake roofs are becoming less popular, we still have several customers using equipment
we built years ago repairing, washing and treating cedar shake roofs.

The treat rig as they were called is also suitable for softwash.

Our Sponsors