Washing homes procedure???Advice

spraymasters

Hi Folks...Well Gloria and I are up and running with the business now. We are getting slammed with calls to do homes. I need some advice on our procedure. Here is what we have been doing {or want to do but having some problems with gear}:
1. Walk the customer around the home to discuss and problem areas, tell them what we can do, etc...have her sign the invoice with any problems noted.
2. Set up the gear. Soap the home from bottom to top with a solution of 1 gallon bleach/2 cups soap-BC60/4 gallons water.
Use hot water set at 120 degrees. {Problem on 2+ story homes...use an extension wand but can't use it to apply soap with the downstream...have a dual wand but then have to use ladders} What is the best way?
3. Let dwell time....
4. Use the extension wand to rinse AND want to apply wax at the same time using hot water. But once again can't use it due to the pressure. {called the place that hooked our rig up and he said we could use the high pressure injector but when i did, it did not pull...he said due to the water wait in the 100 gallon tank i was using and to use the hose connected to the small tank on the machine.} What do you think???
5. Rinse down all the plants with clean cold water.....
6. Walk the customer around house to inspect and sign the invoice that all done to satisfaction...Pack up and then-Get paid!
Any advice would be greatly appreciated...
Thanks folks!
Dennis...North Georgia Spray Masters, Inc.

Dan S

hey dennis this is just a thought!!!!!!!!!!
i riged up my telewand so that it is a variable wand, works great and i can put soap on w/low pressure. and it's easier to handle when you get that baby extended 22'..
and if that dont work just send Gloria up the ladder and hand her a brush.......lol

------------------
have a great day and GOD bless!!!!!

Randy

i put a soap nozzle on my ext. wand and run it out to 18ft and still get good amount of soap out with a downstream at 10%. i dont understand what you are trying to say about the high pressure injector, i would strongly recomend that you take the bc-60 and throw it as far as you can. i have a bucket of it still and never found a use for it and never plan too. if you are getting your advise from the same place you bought the bc-60 put it in the bucket too.if you want e-mail me with your specific problem and what you want to do and i will help you find a way
smile.gif
sorry for the non-brand-specific bashing it just slipped out

tucker

Dennis,
Company in your locale ********** out of Homersville,GA has a catalog you need to check out. Great prices. Tech rep there will answer your questions. They sell 3 different dual nozzel holders. I would suggest using one of these with a soaper and your choice of
cleaning nozzel. On the lighter side, if you put Gloria up the ladder while you stand on the ground the veiw may cause you to want to do things that the customer may not want to see. However, might spice up your love life!!

TUCKER

spraymasters

Hi guys!
Gloria here; just wanted you to know, Dennis has a strict dress code for me.. makes me wear underwear on the job..even a bra!! do you believe that?! No fun at all!!
But wait til summer comes...

------------------

Dan Flynn

PWN Founder
I guess he does not want to up sell on the job
eek.gif
smile.gif

------------------
Dan Flynn
Flynn Service Pro
www.powerwash.net
708 715-4205

JR Wood

I was always under the impression that soap wouldn't draw when an extension wand is extended past a certain point,if this is the case then I have been wasting a lot of time!

spraymasters

Dan....have you ever thought of nude pressure washing? Thought there might be a market... Would you charge more or less???
hahahaha
Love this board Dan...thanks!
Dennis

Shane Clardy

Hey Dennis and Gloria , I think I know What you;re saying. you put your soaker tip in any lance or wand you can draw soap. but with the tele. wand it will not. The reason I was told is the line inside the tele wand is smaller than your pressure hose and it messes the vacuum draw up. ( just won't work )I have about 200 ft of hose some times I'll use my regular wand to draw soap get the line full the switch over to the tele wand and wash the sofit facial boards etc on tall houses . I've tried supper injectors etc. never fixed my problem and thats just the way I handle It. Good Luck

P.s Do you have several sizes of lances ?

M

Mike@Everclear

Gloria/Dennis,

As far as house washing goes, the best money I ever spent was on the X-Jet nozzle. I am very happy with it. Allows you to spray most any home from the ground without the use of an extension wand. They also have a "close range" attachment that allows you to spray 1-10 feet away (fan nozzle).

I wouldnt clean a house without it anymore. Any questions, I'd be happy to elaborate.

------------------
Mike Hughes
Everclear
Souderton, PA

Russ in Chicago

Hey guys
I sell my customers on a no acid or bleach policy. Up in the north mildew isn't as much of a problem. I tell them "the risks involved with using acid or bleach don't outweigh the benefits" The first permanent drip marks you leave in a customers siding or the first prize winning shrub you kill I think you'll agree. I use a regular detergent, dwell time, and mostly cold water. Sometimes plain cold water does everything I need it to do.

Terry Buchamer

Be very carefull not to use much clorine it will make vynle brittle and crack! also clorine and plants dont like each other. I use a auto detailing soap with a wax additive and it works awsome.
Originally posted by spraymasters:
Hi Folks...Well Gloria and I are up and running with the business now. We are getting slammed with calls to do homes. I need some advice on our procedure. Here is what we have been doing {or want to do but having some problems with gear}:
1. Walk the customer around the home to discuss and problem areas, tell them what we can do, etc...have her sign the invoice with any problems noted.
2. Set up the gear. Soap the home from bottom to top with a solution of 1 gallon bleach/2 cups soap-BC60/4 gallons water.
Use hot water set at 120 degrees. {Problem on 2+ story homes...use an extension wand but can't use it to apply soap with the downstream...have a dual wand but then have to use ladders} What is the best way?
3. Let dwell time....
4. Use the extension wand to rinse AND want to apply wax at the same time using hot water. But once again can't use it due to the pressure. {called the place that hooked our rig up and he said we could use the high pressure injector but when i did, it did not pull...he said due to the water wait in the 100 gallon tank i was using and to use the hose connected to the small tank on the machine.} What do you think???
6. Walk the customer around house to inspect and sign the invoice that all done to satisfaction...Pack up and then-Get paid!
Thanks folks!

Richard

Originally posted by spraymasters:
3. Let dwell time....
Thanks folks!
Hey Dennis, Gloria;
mold and mildew are a major factor down here in the south as you well know!
the use of chlorine isn't a problem as far as I'm concerned. I wet down the plants and the soil around the house real well and a second rinse on the plants after I'm done.
I find that if you run a lot off hose 250-300 feet the down strean injector doesnt draw well, what I do is put my injector (20% nonadjustable) at the Q.D. nearest the wand in and it seems to draw good for me.Heres a recipie I use for house washing 2/3 cup TSP, 1/3 cup Tide, 1 gal clorox and 4 gal of water. By the time the wash gets to the ground with all the water and rinsing I don't believe it'll do harm to the vegitation, and always do a test spot first
o yea I like the jet-x and what I used to do was to drill out a 0 degree nozzel to make a 0 dergee soap nozzle out of it, it would shoot the degergent out about 25/30 feet
just my 2 cents Richard

Dan S

hey guys what am i doing that you are not?
i hooked up a var.wand on my tele. wand and YES it does draw soap thru a downstream....
and it works well ....even 22 ' in the air

Rob53

I wash most of my houses with a tip I bought from Hydrosander out of Columbia, Sc. I dont know the # but I think they advertise in Cleaner Times. This tip allows me to get the solution on two story houses from the ground. I also do most of my rinsing with the same tip. I rarely have to get on a ladder. I hope this helps.
Rob

spraymasters

Thanks everyone for your advice. Gloria and I have changed our recipe for chems. We are now going with 3 gallons bleach/heavy duty laundry detergent or whatever soap we can find to use/ and the rest water...took everything right off...works great for the vinyl here. I did buy a soap nozzle for the extension wand...no good. So I did the soap in the line thing. It worked just fine but gotta keep switching over and then back up again. Anyway...thinking of going with the X-Jet nozzle. Heard some good things. Will let you know!
smile.gif

------------------
Dennis A. Cormier and Gloria A. Wagner
North Georgia Spray Masters, Inc.
spraymasters@hotmail.com

J

Jetmecanic

I use a 24ft.extension wand with my washer and it draws the soap great. Try running your machine at or slightly above idle and seeif it doesnt make a difference. :)

Midwest68

Water under the Siding

For two-story houses, can I realistically use the Xjet(or other device) from the ground and not have to worry about getting water under the siding (a huge concern of my customers)? I used a ladder on my last job and hated it - too close to my work and the possibility of falling made my wife a little uncomfortable. I purchased a 24 foot telescoping wand but I don't have arms like Popeye so it's pretty unmanageable once it's extended. My pressure washer is a 3000 PSI/2.3 GPM Troy-Bilt: Is that going to dictate which lances, tips, etc. that I can use? If I don't come up with a solution soon, I'll have to stick with single story homes which I don't really want to do. Any suggestions would be fantastic. Thanks and have a great day!

Wayne

Revive

Long Range Gun

Don't know if they had this in 2000. Sure flow,and a long range gun.Shoots the mix 40 ft up no problem. Have not found a cost effective way of hiring nude house cleaners. :burn:

Our Sponsors