Pics of job landed today

Calob

Here is a couple of pics of a job that i landed today. Driveway-576 sq foot. Front walk way-75 sq foot. Back patio 105 sq foot. No heavy oil stains, small "greening" aera, and only couple of gum and paint spots. Should be pretty smooth. I have done a few jobs already but this is the first with all the motions. talk to,stop by and make estimate, land the job. So kinda exciting, for me anyhow. Doing this weekend as long as rain holds out.
frontwalkway.jpg

driveway.jpg

closeupwalkway.jpg

backpatio.jpg

Calob

I was thinking just heat" Now, how long do you think it should take to do this job? I want to compare with how long it actualy takes me.

Gogreenwash

Are you going to be wanding the area or surface cleaner.
Surface cleaner and detail work with wand tops 3hrs
Wanding I would say 4hrs.

I don't know about all that green stuff but out here in the desert that's a 45 minute job with a good surface cleaner. No OIL! That's a good, easy cleaning!

Calob

I don't know about all that green stuff but out here in the desert that's a 45 minute job with a good surface cleaner. No OIL! That's a good, easy cleaning!

I don't know about 45 min, but I hope it moves along quickly. I am going to wand the whole way. Don't have surface cleaner yet.

Doug Rucker

PWN ADMIN TEAM -
Staff member
IMO- heat not needed. Why waste the diesel? On areas where there is green treat it with some house wash mix. Or store bought bleach, dawn and a little water added to it. and let it sit a little bit, maybe 5 minutes or so. Pre wet all the concrete before using your scrubber. If your using a surface cleaner should take you 45 min to 1 hour, wanding about 3-4 hours. But Calob it may take you a little a longer and thats OK. Got to get your process down and you do that with every job.

Clean, Trim out, then rinse, then douse all of it with your mix and leave to dry. Then collect your check.

Good Job, you popped your cherry. Cant wait to see after pics.

Calob

Thanks for the info and support. Think I'm going to go at it without heat and a general wash mix. Nothing looks real heavy. But I am defiantly going to look in to getting a surface cleaner. With that I could get more done in a day. Anyone have a prefrence on surface cleaners? I've seen a wide variety of prices.

Mark

Moderator / Sponsor
Calob,

Depending on the GPM of your pressure washer, if it is at least 4.8 GPM, I can suggest several.

1. Hydro Tek ANT 28
  2. Hydro Tek ANT3C
  3. Whisper Wash Big Guy
  4. Steel Eagle

We have an assortment of different surface cleaners available here:
Concrete Cleaners

If you dont see one you are interested in on website call me we can
most likely get it for you! [whatup]

I know Carlos uses a Whisper Wash Big Guy, Matt with Green Gator,
it is a 28" Hydro Twister by Hydro Tek...............

I believe there are several threads on this BBS regarding best surface
cleaner opinions etc.............

:)

Doug Rucker

PWN ADMIN TEAM -
Staff member
Thanks for the info and support. Think I'm going to go at it without heat and a general wash mix. Nothing looks real heavy. But I am defiantly going to look in to getting a surface cleaner. With that I could get more done in a day. Anyone have a prefrence on surface cleaners? I've seen a wide variety of prices.

OK I didn't realize you didnt have a surface cleaner. If you are wanding that, I would suggest you apply the general house wash mix over everything and a little more bleach or SH to the green area. When done apply a good strong coating of the mix to help reduce the striping you will get. Calob call MARK immediately at Easy Clean at get a surface scrubber now if you can afford it. It'll pay for itself in a week in time saved. Feel free to call me again if you have questions.

PressurePros

One great piece of advice given to me was to match the surface cleaner size to your gpm output. Four inches or less of surface cleaner to every gpm of flow your machine has. It eliminates striping and having to walk slow. On a 5.6 gpm machine a 19" cleaner will be faster than a 26"-28". Just my experience.

Doug Rucker

PWN ADMIN TEAM -
Staff member
One great piece of advice given to me was to match the surface cleaner size to your gpm output. Four inches or less of surface cleaner to every gpm of flow your machine has. It eliminates striping and having to walk slow. On a 5.6 gpm machine a 19" cleaner will be faster than a 26"-28". Just my experience.

Great advice and so accurate.

Calob

I am going to get with Mark, just as soon as the money is there.
"Update" knocked out the back patio today, ran in to a problem with what i call the "dirty puddle". As i was spraying the patio i noticed that there was a big build up of water and dirt at the edge of the patio going in to the grass. (patio sank in just a little in that corner.) I was only able to get rid of it by spraying the puddle in to the yard over and over again. Is there even a way to keep that from happeing?? ( I will have the after pic tomorrow when all finished.)

Calob

IMO- heat not needed. Why waste the diesel? On areas where there is green treat it with some house wash mix. Or store bought bleach, dawn and a little water added to it. and let it sit a little bit, maybe 5 minutes or so. Pre wet all the concrete before using your scrubber. If your using a surface cleaner should take you 45 min to 1 hour, wanding about 3-4 hours. But Calob it may take you a little a longer and thats OK. Got to get your process down and you do that with every job.

Clean, Trim out, then rinse, then douse all of it with your mix and leave to dry. Then collect your check.
Good Job, you popped your cherry. Cant wait to see after pics.

I have a empty 5gl plastic container that i am going to use for a bleach mix. About how much do you use of the bleach, dawn, and water when mixing?

Gogreenwash

Calob that's awsome bud everything is falling into place for you can't wait to see those after pics I'm am sure it's going to turn out great.

Doug Rucker

PWN ADMIN TEAM -
Staff member
I am going to get with Mark, just as soon as the money is there.
"Update" knocked out the back patio today, ran in to a problem with what i call the "dirty puddle". As i was spraying the patio i noticed that there was a big build up of water and dirt at the edge of the patio going in to the grass. (patio sank in just a little in that corner.) I was only able to get rid of it by spraying the puddle in to the yard over and over again. Is there even a way to keep that from happeing?? ( I will have the after pic tomorrow when all finished.)

Calob a couple things you can do about the puddling of water.

First, always look at the concrete before cleaning and determine which way it is sloping. Usually it should be AWAY from the house. You can pour some water before cleaning to help determine this. Once that is determined, Clean that area first and work back wards away from it. Then as it puddles, do what you were doing by spraying it into the yard. Once your done with that area and have sprayed as much as you can in to the yard, go and clean another area like the driveway or side walks. This will give the excess water time to seep into the ground leaving you with a muddy looking area in the corner. Go back and spray a little water moving the mud closer to the yard and you may have to repeat this step a couple times until it's all gone.

Now, if there is mud left when I am done I usually just show and explain to the customer how to do it after I am gone.

This is also an excellent opportunity to fix the drainage problem for them so it never happens again. You can do that very easily and very affordably for the customer and it only takes about 15-30 minutes. Call me and I'll explain how if you want to know.

Doug Rucker

PWN ADMIN TEAM -
Staff member
I have a empty 5gl plastic container that i am going to use for a bleach mix. About how much do you use of the bleach, dawn, and water when mixing?

If you are using 6% store bought bleach and downstreaming Mix 3 gallons of bleach/ 1/2 gallon of water, and a couple squirts of dawn.

If you are using 10-12% SH. Mix 1-2 gallon of SH and 2-3 gallons of water and a couple squirts of Dawn.

Our Sponsors