Walnut Creek, CA Pressure Wash and Sealing

New Look

Registerd User
Nice shot of the front porch which was Spanish Tile and the driveway (stamped concrete). Seal N Lock Super Wet.

Attachments

• Sealing in Brentwood.jpg
    Sealing in Brentwood.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 34
I'd be curious to know how long that lasts out there. With our sun we're hard pressed for it to last longer than 2 years. It's hard to get customers to commit to the high cost of this type of work when they know they are going to have to do it all over again in two years. That's why we were looking into concrete polishing last year.

New Look

Registerd User
I'd be curious to know how long that lasts out there. With our sun we're hard pressed for it to last longer than 2 years. It's hard to get customers to commit to the high cost of this type of work when they know they are going to have to do it all over again in two years. That's why we were looking into concrete polishing last year.

Hey Tony....we offer around 2 years on our sealant in ideal conditions...what ideal conditions are....I don't know. As with all sealants, there is not one brand out there that will guarantee an extended warranty...meaning 2+ years. With foot traffic, car traffic and etc going over on concrete on a continuous basis it will wear out quickly. I put my sealant customers on a 1.5 rotation. I usually start reminding them around that time (1.5 years) that it is time to start thinking about resealing.

With the hot weather you all have out there in the summer time....I don't know what would be a good time period to tell customers that the sealant would hold up.

Have you considered lacquer sealants vs. the water based sealants?

My son's business (Vegas Pressure Wash) does all the surface cleaning. I wanted him to get into sealing but most of his clients are commercial and they don't want to spend the $$ needed to do it right just yet.

We're still in a recession here that has halted a lot of that type of work.

The local "micro" economy - meaning the tenant-property manager economy - is looking up right now and they are stating to start up services again. Commercial spaces are beginning to fill up again, but the former $5k/mo 1200 ft2 space is now leasing for $1k/mo. Imagine your income going down by 80%. That's what has happened here with the commercial market.

The next wave is the commercial foreclosures. I'm told by those who know that it will be equal to the scale of the residential foreclosures and they are just now trying to figure out how to deal with it on a local government level.

I don't know how it will affect our (Sonitx) services. Many of these new tenants have long term leases. In the past as PM's or shopping center owners have gone bankrupt some of the trustees have made certain that they keep our service throughout the entire bankruptcy. That's one of the good things about having a maintenance service that can't be written off as a "cosmetic" service. We get lots of checks monthly from accounts that went bankrupt a long time ago and are guaranteed the accounts until the bankruptcy is discharged.

One a good note we just completed the best month we've had since mid 2007.

I'd like for Chris to add the sealing. Maybe in a year or two the market will be back up enough for that.

Gogreenwash

Wow Tony that's rough time for the state glad to hear that you are going strong as ever. Wish I could say the same for construction biz in Vegas. My parents live out there and my father has been in that field all his life went from making 6 figure salary at the peak of housing boom to working part time for a bit over min wage.

Our Sponsors