Deck that I cleaned

TPenland

Thanks, Jake. I used bleach and a couple shots of Dawn and low pressure. Should have thrown some SPF50 in the mix too, I got one heck of a sunburn on that job! That thing was stubborn too...lots of mold and mildew. The homeowners had been complaining about allergies, and I told them that everytime they walked from their deck into their home, they were tracking in what was on the surface....Kinda sounds like a sales pitch in a way, but it's true. Don't know if that would actually contribute to ones ailments or not, but it for sure doesn't help...

archie_MN

Thanks, Jake. I used bleach and a couple shots of Dawn and low pressure. Should have thrown some SPF50 in the mix too, I got one heck of a sunburn on that job! That thing was stubborn too...lots of mold and mildew. The homeowners had been complaining about allergies, and I told them that everytime they walked from their deck into their home, they were tracking in what was on the surface....Kinda sounds like a sales pitch in a way, but it's true. Don't know if that would actually contribute to ones ailments or not, but it for sure doesn't help...

Lol, a true sales pitch? What is the world coming to?
Tell me about sunburn, got my first "top'o the head sunburn this year. Comb-over just wont cut it any more.
Ordinarily I stay away from bleach on wood, but that deck was begging for it. If you followed it up with some oxalic, the dark patches around the screws would go away. (not to tell you your business):)

TPenland

That was the first time I'd ever done wood / deck. Well, 2nd actually. After I got started, I remembered why I haven't done many of them...pickets suck! I just find it aggrivating having to hit 3 out of four sides at once and then having to do the other when you get around the other side. I guess I consider it somewhat too time consuming IMO. But right now, I'm thankfull for the work so I'll deal with it...considering I have a 500 sq footer lined up for tomorrow. Gosh I hope it's overcast...HAHA!!!!

Doug Rucker

PWN ADMIN TEAM -
Staff member

IT ABSOLUTELY CAN CONTRIBUTE TO ONES AILMENTS AND IT'S NOT A SALES PITCH..WHAT YOU ARE TELLING THEM IS FACT. Great Job.

Our Sponsors