Cleaning a glassed in lanai

Pocketarnie

Does anyone have any tips on how to clean the sliders on a glassed in (enlosed) lanai? Is there a special tool other than the usual mop on a pole. It always seems to eave streaks when we do it this way as they are so awkward to reach.
Any tips would be much appreciated.

Pocketarnie

Got any pics???

No, never thought to take pics.
Really awkward job to do, where customer has a lanai which is screened, then they have glass or vinyl sliders installed in front of the screens, vinyls are o.k as they can be lifted out, but most of the sliders are too heavy to lift, so you are left with a gap ranging in size from about 4inches to about 10inches between the screen and the outside of the slider.
Just wondered if anyone has any tips on how to do a good job on these when it is impossible to use a squeegee in the usual way.

Doug Rucker

PWN ADMIN TEAM -
Staff member
Sounds to me like, and corrrect me if I am wrong, you can get your mop in there to clean but rhe "rinsing" part w a squeege is awkward, thus causing the streaks??? Trying to picture this and w/out pics it's kind of tough. Just trying to get a mental picture of the job.

Pocketarnie

Yes exactly, you usually can reach in with your mop to wash the window but because you are unable to stand in front of the widow it is very awkward to use your squeege. You are having to reach around from the side.

Doug Rucker

PWN ADMIN TEAM -
Staff member
This may work, when I clean windows I dont use a sqeeege for the rinsing part. I use a portable DI system that I hook the water hose to and rinse w that. WIndow dry spotlless and crystal clear. Only thing is the portable system I got cost me about $300.00.

I was thinking if you just need something like that for this one job you could get one of those little Mr Clean Carwash dispensers that hav a cartridge in them and do the same thing. IT's just basically sparyaing the water on the window after you have soaped them andthey will dry crystal clear.

Here is a link to see what it looks like, but you can get them at HOme Dept, Lowes, Walmart, Target, etc Amazon.com: Mr. Clean Autodry Carwash System with Starter Filter: Home Improvement

Here is what I use CRSpotless.com - Wash, Rinse, and Walk Away and wow it looks like they have gone way up since I got mine.

Our Sponsors