Tsp-pf

Kevin

I found my TSP but it was phoshate free. Does that hurt the effectiveness of the TSP? Man all these chems are driving me crazy. I'm going to really have to lock all these chems up becuase of my curious toddlers. I'm going to be a roof cleaning fool here before too long. My fat rumps going to make those rafters creak for sure! Please let me know about the phosphate free s****. Thanks compadres!

TCross

The TSP substitute that you found will work fine. Many states have banned the phosphate version. You are probably in one of those states. Good Luck.

tucker

Kevin,
you might try your local paint store. I was looking for TSP(not TSP-PF) at Lowe's and couldn't find it. One day I went into a paint store and they had it. The TSP-PF doesn't work as well as the real thing, in my opinion.
Tucker

Wash Wagon

TSP-pf should work fine. I use it on anything from vinyl to bricks(at least a little bit as a cleaning booster applied with other chemicals) It works well when mixed with bleach. The good thing about it is that it is very inexpensive and goes a long way.

------------------
John May

L

LightningClean

TSP is to be phosphate free in all states as they banned the use of it about 3 years ago. I use to use the good version that was banned in Illinois about 4.5 years ago when I was a kid. The non-phosphate version is weak and doesn't hold mustard to the real this. If you are lucky you may find some in a local hardware or paint store that is privately owned as they dont seem to care about changing what they have and really dont sell much other than to those loyal customers that have been with them forever. There is good reason for the banning of the original TSP and you can get that information by calling the EPA in your area for a publication. One thing to note about TSP, be prepared to rinse, rinse, rinse and rinse it is no fun to work with in that aspect. Just my 2 cents.

Rob

Our Sponsors