Sun Brite's Deck wash recipe

Chris@sunbrite

Hey everybody
I noticed that y'all wre wondering how we mix our wood cleaner, Sorry I could'nt respond sooner I was in Las Vegas w/ the PWNA
convention (helping its economy)

we buy fresh 12.5 %sodium hypochlorite (bleac
hapfac01.gif
in 15 gallon drums every two weeks
Then we pour all 15 gal into an empty 55 gallon drum, fill it w/ water then add
2-3 liquid Spic N Span bottles doesn't really matter how much spic n span you use all it is is soap, Yes you can use a scented one or add a lemony scent if you want. This make approx. a 4% bleach solution (And talk about cheaper that store-bought)
Spay entire deck off, and rinse light pressure 300-400 psi resist temptation don.t powerwash, after deck is rinsed you do need to neutralize with oxalic acid mixture 5% is a good concentration, there is nothing magical or hard about this, You may want to try it on a few experimental decks, It works well for us our decks are bright and clean after drying which always makes whatever sealer you using look that much better, Some don't agree w/ a chlorine bleach solution they say it's too harsh, but remember , don't make it too strong and don't allow it to sit on the deck forever you . We can talk more on Wed chat room. Happy deck cleaning Y'all.Chris Detter 2/7/2000

spraymasters

Hi Chris,
We enjoyed talking to you last night on the chat. We took a look at our local store and found some spic and span. It states on the bottle NOT to mix with bleach? Can you email me on where I can get the kind to mix? Also we have been buying bleach at our local hut in the 1 1/2 gallon jugs at 5.95%. Any suggestions? Thanks Bunches!
Dennis and Gloria
smile.gif

------------------
Dennis A. Cormier and Gloria A. Wagner
North Georgia Spray Masters, Inc.
spraymasters@hotmail.com

Roy Moren

Chris,,, Is your bleach and spic n span cleaner used on older grayed neglected decks or just when your preparing a prior sealed deck for a maintance type coat?? I dont see how you can get the old gray wood off with the low pressures your using. Roy

Paul

Talking cleaners, has anyone out there used the ZEP deck & siding cleaner. It is oxylic acid based and I was wondering if it would work out for a good neutralizer after cleaning with a bleach/spic & span cleaner.
Did I here right or read right when someone posted to just spray on the neutralizer and let it dry? No rinsing at that point? Just clean first with the bleach mixture and than apply neutralizer and then on to the next deck, why that one dries for a couple days?

I have to adjust to some new cleaning techniques since the clener I was used to is no longer available in my area. I'm probably better off since it was costing me way more than the bleach and spic & span will.

Thanxs in advance,
Paul

Our Sponsors