Ready Seal

Jim Bilyeu

I am looking for information on Ready Seal. I found their home page, but the information it gives on the product does not sound right. If any one knows this product, could you please answer these questions for me.
#1. What percentage of solides does it contain?
#2. What is the VOC of the product?
#3. What is the carrier in the product?
#4. I am assuming this is an oil base product, if so, does it require back brushing or wipping off the excess material to prevent surface build up?
I read some where that this product contains paraffinic oils. Paraffinic means that there is paraffin wax still in the oil. In my research, I have found that paraffinic oils make an excellent base for mildew and fungus growth. Paraffin wax also attracts certain wood boring insects like carpenter ants and carpenter bees. Taking everything into consideration, can enyone tell me how or why this product is suppose to be so good?
These are just a few of the questions I ask on any product that I run into. If I say a product is good, I want to know why it's good. If anyone has a MSDS on this product, could you please e-mail me a copy. Thanks.

Jim Bilyeu
Exterior Woodcare
Oregon City, Oregon

Our Sponsors