Cabot

Richard

Hey All;
Just wondering if anyone has ever heard/used Cabot stains and sealers?
any feed back would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Richard

Russ in Chicago

We use cabot when the customer requests it. They usually say they saw good results in consumer reports. Cabot comes in a wide variety of colors and types. Oil base, water base, clear, semi, solid, etc.. The Solid and semi transparent I used last year required a 3 to 5 day dry time (before staining). If it rained, I was advised to wait another 3 to 5. I don't think we had 3 to 5 days of consistently dry weather all year in chicago. How can a contractor use this product? I discussed this with the customer and they still wanted it applied. We'll see how long it lasts with a two day dry time.

M

Mike@Everclear

Like he said, it was top rated in consumers reports, and that gets some customers attention.

I use nothing but Ready Seal, but last year a customer requested that I use Cabots because they had already bought it and could not return it. I was satified with the product, we brushed it on, because of the location of the deck, so I cant say how good it works in a sprayer.

I'll be curious to look at that deck two years from now....

------------------
Mike Hughes
Everclear
Souderton, PA

Tunatussle

Originally posted by Mike@Everclear:
Like he said, it was top rated in consumers reports, and that gets some customers attention.

I use nothing but Ready Seal, but last year a customer requested that I use Cabots because they had already bought it and could not return it. I was satified with the product, we brushed it on, because of the location of the deck, so I cant say how good it works in a sprayer.

I'll be curious to look at that deck two years from now....

I used on my own deck in Ocean City NJ and
so far after 3 years it looks new. Semi trans redwood. Did go on a little darker than I had hoped. But it is holding up very well.

JR Wood

Cabots is big in my area,I use the redwood color on playsets,IT IS too dark(looks like grape juice).As far as the consumer report,I noticed that they did not say what they used and this can be confusing.I personally do not like the clear solution natural but am forced to use it because thats what the people think the consumer reports was talking about.I doubt it.That stuff starts turning gray in the sun.And after a while it leaves streaks down the side of the deck.It does come off easy with wolman deck strip though.

Chris@sunbrite

Hey Everybody Sunbrite uses Cabot, But only The soilid coler stains for our combo decks
white Linen are the most popular some green too. Graet stuff we apply it by airles sprayer Chris

Our Sponsors