New Wood

Dan Flynn

PWN Founder
Does anyone no of an article some were on the Internet that explains that waiting a year before you seal your deck is a thing of the past.
It amazes me that I get several calls a year from potential customers wanting to get their new deck treated. They need to know what is the best thing to do.

I explain that, the sooner they protect the wood the better. I let them know that the wood should be cleaned first to strip the mill glaze.

Then they always call back a say the landscaper or their neighbor said wait a year.
wobble.gif

I would love to have some documentation on this matter to hand out. Everyone is the expert except the expert.

I know I have read several articles before. Can't remember were I saw this info.

------------------
Dan Flynn
Flynn Service Pro
www.powerwash.net
708/715-4206

G

Greg - GCR PowerClean

Dan,

I don't know of an internet site that posts this information but I have an article written by Alan Ross at Wolman that covers the misconceptions of finishing a deck. I use it as a hand out for customers and it covers the "wait a year" thing. If you want I caan fax it to you... give me a call if your interested.

------------------
Greg Rentschler
GCR PowerClean
www.gcrpowerclean.com
NEW E-Mail address: GCR PowerClean@cs.com

Our Sponsors