privacey fence bid???help

Shane Clardy

trying to give a clean and seal bid . fence is treated pine 8 ft tall do both sides .

one stretch is 40 ' long 8 ' tall.

the other is 54' long 8' tall

spraymasters

We would go alittle higher.......this is what we charge for vertical work:
752 square feet X $1.15 for wash and seal equals $864.80.
Hope that helps
Dennis

------------------
Dennis A. Cormier and Gloria A. Wagner
North Georgia Spray Masters, Inc.
spraymasters@hotmail.com

Jim Bilyeu

Bob and Dennis, You may want to redo your figuring. According to my math, you have 1504 sq. ft. of surface area to be cleaned and sealed. 724 X 2 ( both sides ) = 1504. The sealer alone should run you about .20 per sq. ft. Then factor in the other costs of material plus the cost of doing business. By the time you factor in all the cost, there's not going to be allot left over for profit. Just wondering ???.

Jim Bilyeu
Exterior Woodcare

spraymasters

HAHAHAHA....yeppers! You are right.......What I MEANT
tongue.gif
to do was add up BOTH sides...good catch!
But, looking at it we charge by the sq ft and do vertical for $1.15.
Decks we do for $1.00 for floor and extra for railings and steps.
smile.gif

------------------
spraymasters@hotmail.com

Bob Stayen

Yo Jim
I guess i could up it a bid but not much.Up here you can get a wood fence put in for a doller per sqft .Did a fence last year for 60 cents a sqft,the fence was 16000 sqft and i cleared $6500.for three days work.

Jim Bilyeu

Hey Bob,
If you can clean and seal over 5000 sq. ft. a day. I sure could use you out here in about a month when I start a job with 52000 sq. ft. of cedar sidding. Let's see, that would make it a 10 day job. We could clear around $80,000.00. By golly, you could stay out here for the season and we could rake in a couple mill. before fall sets in. Sure would be nice to be able to vacation in Mexico for the winter. Have a great day.

Jim Bilyeu
Exterior Woodcare

Walt Edwards

Dennis and Gloria. How long does it take you guys to clean and seal, on an average, 1,000 SF of fence. I'm just curious because I have given a bid on about 2500 Sf of fence including about 300 SF of deck. I'm almost afraid to say how much I bid based on the other posts I've seen here but I priced it at 1350.00. Thanks in advance, Walt

Richard

Walt we just got finished with a fence that was 8ft tall 210 feet long (both sides = 420 feet total) took 3 days, 1 day to clean, 1 day to dry, 1 day to seal, we got $1680 for it.
Richard

spraymasters

hey Walt.....
Ditto with Richard!
We just revamped our pricing for fencing.
Our average now is by linear foot at $4.00 per with discounts of: Over 100 linear feet get 10% and Over 200 linear feet get 20%.
smile.gif

------------------
spraymasters@hotmail.com

Richard

Hey the way we discount is we give 10% on any multiple service ie a roof cleaning and a fence or a house wash and a deck,ect.
we also give a 10% discount to seniors who are 55 and older.
Richard

Our Sponsors