Wolmans VS Cuprinols

Wood Care Plus

Hi there, I really need some advice on these two stains...
I need to know if their is a real big diference between the two...
I've been thinking about using Wolmans F&P and believe it is a pretty good stain but I find them a little expensive..Also, their is Cuprinols from Sherwin Williams. I've also been told this is a really good product, it's also cheaper.
If given the choice, would you stick with Wolmans F&P over Cuprinols UV sunblock.
I want to make sure my customers will be 100% satisfied.
I am offered these two in my area... Unfortunatelty Ready Seal is not available here in Canada.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thx in advance
Wood Care Plus

Steve@deckwash

I have been asking the same question. Living in Nova Scotia, we sometimes have to take what we can get. I have emailed several people, asking them for there opinion, all have been a great help, and I do appreciate them offering me there thoughts. The interesting point is that everyone has their favourite brand that works well for them. I emailed cuprinol to see if there was a difference in their sealers, they told me there was none. The blue line, UV Sunblock will last just as long as the semi-transparent alykd deck stain, green line. I have access to both, I also have some f&p that i can use, but only in 2 shades. The deterrrent for me with f &p is the choice of colours.

The bottom line is nothing will last past 3 yrs. All will last 2 yrs with a cleaning on the 3rd and reseal. I am concerned with the salt water breeze we get here, it is very hard on everything outdoors. I will have to pick a product and go with it and hope for the best. Most likely cuprinol uv sunblock the blue line, with a few f&p.

Steve
Deckwash

Our Sponsors