where to buy???????????????

Dan S

where do i buy sodium hydroxide stripper? and oxalic?

how does it go on?
do i need to sand afterwards?

everybody must be busy here or dont answer e-mails fast enough.

thanks for your help who ever replys...

------------------
have a great day and GOD bless!!!!!

M

Mike@Everclear

Dan,

I have been using cleaners and brightners from Ready Products, the makers of Ready Seal. I have had much success with these.

The sodium hydroxide cleaner is called #123 and the brightner, which contains oxalic and more, is called #80. It's convienent, because I just get it shipped right along with my sealer.

For more info call Peirce Fitchett at 410-381-8400 or call the guys at Sunbrite.

------------------
Mike Hughes
Everclear
Souderton, PA

M

Mike@Everclear

I forgot to answer you other questions...

I apply both of them using a two gallon hand sprayer......my favorite brand is "Solo", costs around $40 at Home Depot.

I have never had to sand a deck because of using the sodium hydroxide. I did have a problem once on a cedar deck....because of the stripper (not too much pressure) the deck had "fuzzies" left over after washing.
boom.gif
I sealed the deck, let it sit for a few days and then went back with Scotch-Brite pads and scraped them off. That's the worst experience I ever had with it.

------------------
Mike Hughes
Everclear
Souderton, PA

G

Greg - GCR PowerClean

We buy our NaOH and oxalic through a local chemical manufacturing facility. The NaOH (sodium hydroxide ) comes in 50% dilution ratios and 55 gallon drums. Oxalic is in granular form and 55 lb bags. Look in the yellow pages if your looking to buy products of this nature, otherwise you'll be buying" private labeled" products from retailers.

------------------
Greg Rentschler
GCR PowerClean
www.gcrpowerclean.com
NEW E-Mail address: GCR PowerClean@cs.com

Dan S

thanks so much for all your replys...........
now i need to make some phone calls..........

i have 5 decks lined up and more calls to return but i needed to go another route in the stripping dept.

thanks again

got to go cleaning c ya

------------------
have a great day and GOD bless!!!!!

Dan Flynn

PWN Founder
I know you probably heard this a 1000 times. But once again. If you mess with sodium hydroxide, you can kill yourself. If mixed wrong. meaning very high heat, speed and volume, it will boil over with a massive eruption. Serious burns with a high volume of chemical entering your blood stream. Also be aware of, breathing it in. Very Hazardous.

NOTE Simply passing information. Do what you will. I just thought it was important to pass along the seriousness of mixing it.
smile.gif

------------------
Dan Flynn
Flynn Service Pro www.powerwash.net
708/715-4206

Dan S

thanks for that info even though like you said we here it 1000 times but thats not enough.....some people have'nt heard it at all.........i'll mix my soap and leave the hard core stuff to the pro's......................................

Our Sponsors