ok i'll do it for FREE!!!!!!!!!!

Dan S

i priced a deck for this guy.he wanted it stripped and sealed it's way out in the boondocks no water cant use there well water ( it might go dry ).anyways i went for 1.00 per square.thats hauling the water and making two trips strip it one day and seal it the next. it only had 330 square feet so i gave them the bid for 330.00......

im i that far off or do they really want it done for nothing?
how much would you guys bid this for?
maybe i should of told them i'll strip it and seal it for 500.00

G

Greg - GCR PowerClean

My bid would have been $2.25 per sq. ft for stripping, sealer prep, and sealing. $742.50 and that would be using their water supply. A surcharge of $50 for us to haul our own.

------------------
Greg Rentschler
GCR PowerClean
www.gcrpowerclean.com
NEW E-Mail address: GCR PowerClean@cs.com

G

Glenn

My price would have been $1.50 per square, if they supply the water or not. I measure the deck surface only and trow in the rails and steps. All decks have rails and steps and they are proportionate to the size deck surface. Just find it too time consuming and confusing to figure everything. To just clean, 1/2 the above price.
Glenn

Chris@sunbrite

Hey Dan,
Walk away from this guy as fast as you can.
I've seen too many who want your services for free, Plus after you do it for nothing he's the guy who will keep hounding you to touch it up forever. Let some newbee lose the money and gain the experience. Remember, you get what you pay for. Chris detter/ Sunbrite, Atlanta , Ga.

Dan S

i did walk away as a matter of fact he called back and i told him that im too busy to do this at this time and referred him to another dude. he called this other "dude" and his price was higher, then he called me back and said that his deck is ready when i am.. i explain to him that i was still too busy and couldnt do it this year.....
I HATE PLAYING GAMES

------------------
have a great day and GOD bless!!!!!

Dakotawash

Good for you Dan! I had the same thing a couple of weeks ago. You give them a fair price, then they he-ho around, and after they call around and figure out that you were the best choice then they want you to do the next day! My attitude is hey, either they want it done right or they want it done cheap! I have only 6 months of season here and I take them first come, first served! My estimates are only good for 30 days, after that I rebid,usually at a higher bid for the hassle. Good luck this season! Jerry

Our Sponsors