Cabot vs. Ready Seal

Mirage Cleaners

I bid on a very large deck (3,700 sq. ft.) and proposed to use Ready Seal which I see is highly recommended. However, the customer insists on using Cabot which he used in the past.

He wants me to submit the specs on both products to compare. Can anyone give me some info on this.

Is Cabot a stain AND sealer in one or does it require separate applications?

Any idea on how much Cabot costs?

Thank you.

JR Wood

All of Cabot stains and sealers are waterproofing. It depends on what you are proposing, the Cabot clear solution comes in
natural,cedar and redwood toned.You can spray them with a pump up sprayer.The semi-trans stain can be sprayed with an airless.The clear solution is $21 per gallon and the semi-trans is around $24 with contractor discount I think I get the clear for $18 something.Here is a selling point you can use AGAINST Cabot It takes 2 days to dry and any dust in the air adheres to it and starts the ball rolling for the deck to get dirty.If you use the cedar or natural it turns gray within 18 months and it leaves streaks down the sides of the deck after a while.The dirty water that cascades down the sides of the deck embeds in the facia board and looks terrible.This is my out for Cabot I hate it it sucks to apply its expensive and despite the way all the contractors rave about it in my area I spend all summer taking it off.Lot's of drips ,runs and backbrushing(like wolman)

M

Mike@Everclear

To add to the above post: Ready Seal can be rained on 15 minutes after it is applied. It is very user friendly. If when applying you put too much in one spot, or drip some here and there, it will all match when it dries up.

He probably insists on Cabots because Consumers Reports rated it number one last year. Ready Seal was not rated, because it is not sold to the public.

------------------
Mike Hughes
Everclear
Souderton, PA

Chris@sunbrite

I AGREE !

Ready Seal is the answer.

Unfortunately last years consumer reports judged Cabot very highly. The normal homeowner hasn't got a clue as to what else is out there.
If he wants to get technical and compare solids n chemical make up etc. he can always
call sun brite or Ready Seal in Texas, we can send him a MSDS. Good luck..Go Braves
Chris Detter

Our Sponsors