Back brushing beats stripping!

Russ in Chicago

Just a note to voice my gratitude for F&P. Now that many of my customers are ready for their every other year service, I'm learning the real value of F&P. The decks I do in F&P take a light wash and recoat and look fantastic! I'm starting to keep track of how many square miles of CWF and Cabot Clear solution I have to strip. What a waste of my customer's money!!! I'll take back brushing over stripping any day. And when I can run up to Sears Hardware to pick up an extra gallon, I'll try Ready Seal. Until then, it's F&P.

M

Mike@Everclear

Glad to hear you're having a good experience with F&P. I have been using Ready Seal for a year and a half now, so it's almost time for me to start revisiting those decks, and I can't wait. I too am sick of stripping Behr, CWF, etc.

I get my Ready Seal shipped to a trucking company depot, and when it arrives I can pick it up at anytime of day, they're open 24 hours. If you order 25 gallons or more, I believe they do not charge shipping.

I think it is an advantage to use a product that you can't just go and pick up in the store......it makes the customer feel that you are using something special, which you are, because they can't get it. I see it as a selling point.

------------------
Mike Hughes
Everclear
Souderton, PA

JR Wood

Mike,
please keep us informed on how the ready seal decks look after a year I am getting very anxious to start using it.Starting to save up a wad of cash for a big shipment.What colors are you using, I got some samples last year and when I put them on some boards,three of the colors looked the same,The one marked medium red looked brown to me...I think they got the bottles mixed up.

spraymasters

We also have been using the Ready Seal and am very happy with it. I have never seen anything go on so well and easy. We have just started using it also and will have to wait until next year to look at our decks. We only give the customer a choice of 3 colors. We use the gold, cedar, and redwood.
We have cleaned and sealed sample boards with each of the colors and take them to our customers and show them what their decks will look like. The boards are dirty and gray on one side and the other is nicely sealed with the "pretty" colors. Good Luck!
Dennis

------------------
Living Life On the Edge Makes Us Dizzy...WE LOVE DIZZY!

Dennis A. Cormier and Gloria A. Wagner
North Georgia Spray Masters, Inc.
spraymasters@hotmail.com

M

Mike@Everclear

Dennis/Gloria,

Make sure when you use the Gold color that you tell the customer not to expect more then 18 months out of it. I usually discourage them from using it, because it is not dark enough to hold up for a full two years.

JR,

I limit myself to one main color. Last year it was Light Brown, this year it is Natural Cedar (great color....). I will do another color if asked, but for the most part I stick to one.

I have been back to see one of the first decks I sealed with Ready Seal, and it bakes in the sun for most of the day. Looks pretty good considering it's been a year and a half. I think I'm going to make a point to visit a few more.....I'm curious. I'm sure they'll look good though.......I love this stuff!

Also, when doing your samples, keep in mind that it takes Ready Seal about two weeks to settle down to its actual color. Usually looks darker at first.

------------------
Mike Hughes
Everclear
Souderton, PA

Our Sponsors