Making an airless sprayer?

H

hotwaterwisard

The problem with making your own #1 the pressure required is 3000psi #2 the volume is .25 to 1gpm #3 paint is very abbrasive. It will tear up a Pressure Washer Pump right now if that is what you are thinking of using. #4 By the time you get done trying to make one you will spend way more than it cost for a diaphram pump. You can buy a Wagner or Campbelhausfield Diaphram style factory rebuilt for about $250. Another style of pump you might consider is a pressure pot with a conventional gun. I have homemade those alot cheaper than you could buy one. The pressure pot could be made out of a resturaunt style pressure cooker from the fleamarket and an aircompressor from an airbrush. Another style of gun is HVLP or High Volume Low Pressure. This style is used for door finishes and autobody work it has a fine spray, and low overspray. Works great for laquor work, cabinets, furniture, ect. The system sounds like a vacuum cleaner when it is running and it blows out warm dry air. Accuspray and Binks are the best ones. If you need any info just email me.

------------------
Hotwaterwizard@aol.com John DeRosa

<FONT COLOR="#000080" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">[This message has been edited by hotwaterwisard on May 12, 2000 ]</font>

C

Craig/PowerWashUnlimited

Just my opinion. Take it for what its worth. Wagner or Campbell hausfield airless are not worth the money. Gone thru two wagners this year, not many hours at all and cleaned them up perfectly, just couldn't handle the usuage. Both Wagners failed within 3 weeks, and finally decided to switch to Graco, which i am extremely pleased with. Heads above the others. Had a campbel hausfield last year, it was ok, but decided not to fire up this year. My opinion, Graco.

Craig

G

Greg - GCR PowerClean

Craig,

I am curious what model Wagners you were using? We have used Wagner Pro Golds for the past 3 years with no problems at all. In fact I just put another one in service last month. Were paying around $650 for the Wagner (3/4 and 7/8 HP at .44 and.5 gpm) vs. $1200 for a Graco setup. Once again, just curious.

------------------
Greg Rentschler
GCR PowerClean
www.gcrpowerclean.com
NEW E-Mail address: GCR PowerClean@cs.com

H

hotwaterwisard

Has anyone tried the Titan447 ? It is small compact piston pump works great lasts a long time. I use to work on them and rent them out.

------------------
Hotwaterwizard@aol.com John DeRosa

Our Sponsors