painted deck

Rick T

Is there a fast,sure way to remove paint from a deck?I'm working on a deck that had two coats of paint.The owner wants the paint removed and have the deck sealed with deck stain. I was able to get the top coat off easily but the base coat is a bit harder. At first I wasn't sure if the base coat was solid stain or paint so I used Wolmans Deckstrip but didn't get very good results. I then put on paint remover and am still having a tough time of it.Is there another way of removing paint from a deck or a better product to use than Stripeeze? I appreciate any help you can give me. Rick T.

M

Mike@Everclear

Depending on what kind of paint it is, you may want to try "PaintAway" from Sunbrite. It is effective, but costly. Call the guys down there and see if it might work for you.

Also, when estimating jobs like the one you are doing, I don't give the customer very high hopes on the results. I tell them that there is a good chance I will not be able to remove all of the paint/solid stain......and that in that case, they would have to reapply another solid stain. That way, if I do end up getting it all off, I look like some kind of hero......and if I don't, I have still lived up to their expectations. Works for me.

------------------
Mike Hughes
Everclear
Souderton, PA

Our Sponsors