CWF & Flood..Pros and cons

Wood Care Plus

Need some help..I need to switch products
I was using Wolmans and Cuprinols..Both are not available in my area. So i need a product that is in my area and that has a good track record...Can you guys pls tell me what you think of CWF and of Flood..What are the Pros and Cons..How long do they last..Are they a quality product??? Any help will be appreciated...
P.S. Real Seal is not available here.
Thanks
Wood Care Plus

Dakotawash

Myself, I would stay far away from CWF and Flood, I have stripped more CWF off of decks than any other stain, a person is lucky if it lasts a year! If Ready Seal is not shipable to Canada, the I would find something available at a good paint supplier to provide you with a product that will last for at least 2 years. I hope this helps! Have a great day!
Jerry

M

Mike@Everclear

As far as I can tell, there are NO PROS whatsoever on that product. I too have stripped many a deck that had CWF applied. It does not look good after 6 months and is a real tough customer to strip down the road.

If you have any intentions of staying in this business and returning to your customers decks in the future, this product is not a good idea.

Now, what to use? Good question. Look for something oil based and penetrating. Perhaps Cabots? I'm not sure.......I use Ready Seal. Will they not ship it up there at all, or does it just cost too much???

------------------
Mike Hughes
Everclear
Souderton, PA

Our Sponsors