Excessive furring problems

ALL-BRITE

HEY GUYS/GALS
How are you removing the furring off wolman.
I already sealed it . I did,nt notice it until it dried. It looks pretty bad they have an open house on it in 5 days so I need o do something SOON! Do I sand and restain?
what grit and with a palm sander ?
Used Ready Seal Natural Cedar. Thanks for the help I know you all won,t let me down.
Thanks Tim Highfield

------------------
Tim Highfield
ALL-BRITE POWERWASHING

M

Mike@Everclear

Tim,

There should be no need to restain. I use a really stiff steel (?) brush. Got it at Home Depot in the Paint Department. I have one that is hand held, and another that mounts onto a handle so you can scrub it standing up. Maybe you can find some sort of attachment for a sander that would do the same thing....I don't know. Scotch Brite pads work also, but not as quick as the brush.

You can scrape it off before you seal, or, since you used ready seal (penetrating) you can scrape it off after, it doesnt matter. You should wait a day or two after sealing to do it, but it should not have an effect on the finished product.

I have had to do this several times in the last year, and every one of them was a cedar deck that I had stripped with sodium hydroxide. There seems to be nothing I can do to prevent this from happening.

Good luck......

------------------
Mike Hughes
Everclear
Souderton, PA

Our Sponsors