Tree Sap on Wood

H

hotwaterwisard

I had a customer that tryed everything he could think of to get tree sap off of a mountain cabin deck and siding, that was under a bunch of pine trees. We're talking about major tree sap. So I told him to bring a sample of wood down to the shop. He brought a shutterdoor We tried a 3000psi 4gpm cold water pressure washer first. No good. Then we tried a Hot water Pressure Washer 1800psi 5gpm. It did a better job but, not that great. So I then pulled a rabbit out of my hat. I had just finnished rebuilding an old time steamer. 250psi 2gpm 350deg F Pealed that stuff off like Butter. Did you know that you can turn any Hot Water Pressure Washer into a steamer with a little work?
------------------
Hotwaterwizard@aol.com John DeRosa

<FONT COLOR="#000080" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">[This message has been edited by hotwaterwisard on May 12, 2000 ]</font>

Dan Flynn

PWN Founder
How and is it safe for any machine, to handle that much heat???

------------------
Dan Flynn
Flynn Service Pro
www.powerwash.net
708/715-4206

H

hotwaterwisard

Originally posted by Dan Flynn:
How and is it safe for any machine, to handle that much heat???

They have used them for years. You get burned real easy. Most of the time you can't see what you are doing because of the steam. They have an open gun and no unloader. When it's on it's on. There is usually a high limit switch or thermostat on the machine as a saftey device and a popoff valve incase the tip gets plugged. They use them to steam off engines.

------------------
Hotwaterwizard@aol.com John DeRosa

sluggo

I'm just getting started in this field, and dont have much experience, but wouldn't turpintine have helped?

Our Sponsors