Supply Hose diameter?

Wash Wagon

For those who carry their own water tank, What size hose(diameter) do you have going from your tank to the washer? I am currently using a hose the same size as a garden hose but am thinking about buying one larger in diameter to increase water flow a bit. I am guessing that you can pick up adapters at the hardware store to hook up a hose larger than a "garden hose" to the washer.

------------------
John May

Lorin Grable

I use a contractor grade 3/4" garden hose. Most normal garden hoses are only 5/8".

If you are running no more than 150, a 3/4" should do most of the time. You really wont gain much by going to a 1" hose (and it costs more).

C

Craig/PowerWashUnlimited

Lorins' right. 3/4" hose is the way to go. We can run a surface cleaner and rinse at the same time if we give the water feed a few minutes head start while we set up. All depends on the water supply, but 3/4" is much better than 5/8".

Craig

------------------
Craig Knight
Power Wash Unlimited
www.powerwashunlimited.com

L

LightningClean

John,
I agree with everyone but thought i may add this I use clear nylon braided hose and I have a filter between the tank and the washer. I use 3/4" also, the filter you can see if you have (********** 's catalog) you can see the filter I use on page 12 in the upper right hand corner, but I get the filter from TSC (tractor supply company). TSC is where I get just about all my fittings, farm supply companies are great for that kinda stuff, well good luck

Rob

Our Sponsors