Protecting against overspray?

ALL-BRITE

What are you using to protect the house and shrubs/ flowers against the overspray from your pump/up and airless sprayers. Need some ideas to speed things up. Thanks Tim

------------------
Tim Highfield
ALL-BRITE POWERWASHING

Clean County

Tim, Sherwin Williams and most other paint stores sell plastic tarps that you can purchase in rolls. I buy the 9'x400' roll for $13 and I cut whatever size I need to tape on the house and for the gardens I use canvases to cover the plants.Canvases are somewhat expensive but they can be used over and over again. I have around 10 different sized canvases folded up in my trailer and they come in handy when I need them. Good luck-John-

Dakotawash

Tim,
I use the 3M handi-mask plastic. I comes in different widths. It is made to use for masking windows for painting, but it works well for masking the side of the house for the deck. The roll dispencer is kinda spendy, but if you are doing this alone, it sure speeds things up. The are available at most paint supply stores. Hope this helps! Good luck and have a great day!
Jerry
Dakotawash Deck & Siding Restoration
Sioux Falls, SD

Expert

I like to use cardboard to hold back plants, and for railings. I also am going to try a 3' wide roll of kraft paper, used for protecting carpets after cleaning.
I know one contractor that uses a 4 x 8 sheet of luan plywood, and it has about 50 coats of overspray. It is always wet and smudges all over clothes, trailer, and anything else in its way.
Any other ideas or tools? Horror stories?
We may as well be entertained as we educate each other, eh?

------------------
Dave Simpson
"90% of Customer Problems Can be Preempted by Excellent Communication and Organization."

Paul

Something that I use a lot is bedshheets. They work great for covering plants, concrete lawn furniture, etc... and the nice thing is that you can get them for nothing or next to nothing by going to the housekeeping dept of your local hospital and asking them about the old linens. I got 23 bags of sheets and towels the other day and they work great. And by the way, they are all pre-laundered before you pick them up from the hospital. I use 9 foot plastic along the house.

L

Layman's P/W

I use cloth or canvas tarps they soak up stain so it does not drip, to hold these up I use spring loaded clips they clip right to the siding, gutters,rails,trim .

NEVER FOLD TARPS SOAKED WITH STAIN UNTILL
THEY HAVE TIME TO DRY !!

I had some soaked tarps catch fire on the way home from a job last season it almost got out of hand before I spotted the fire.

Our Sponsors