CWF-UV maintance coat

Roy Moren

I had a customer call me today and wants me to put another coat of CWF-UV over a existing coat thats about 1 year old. He also wanted me to seal an addition to the existing dock in the same.
I dont have any experience with CWF-UV and don't use it. Would it be ok to recoat the existing coat???? Thanks

Roy Moren
Docks and Decks

Catback

If you keep building up coats of CWF-UV the final result will be disaster. Try a quick clean then another coat, if that what your customer really wants.

Paul

Make sure the old coat is not still repelling. If it is then a recoat will simply dry on top and begin to peel in a matter of no time.

G

Greg - GCR PowerClean

Hi Roy,

CWF-UV is a true coating. It forms a film on the surface and doesn't really absorb into the wood at all. The product itself is a nightmare to work with and maintain. It has to be BRUSHED on. You can't spray it, can't roll it, you have to BRUSH it. It leaves unsightly lap marks otherwise. We have worked with the product several times (applying and stripping) and I honestly hope to never have to again. My opinion?? Put the bid in for twice your normal fee or turn it down (I favor the later).

Whatever you decide...good luck.

Greg

------------------
Greg Rentschler
GCR PowerClean
www.gcrpowerclean.com
NEW E-Mail address: GCR PowerClean@cs.com

JR Wood

Just do what I do... tell them it's crap and you refuse to do anything, but take it off and recoat with your product.Chances are this is what your customer is hoping you will say anyway.I tell the customer right out that there is absolutely no guarantee on recoating over someone elses work...this is usually all it takes to convince them otherwise.

Roy Moren

Well I gave him a high quote and haven't been recontacted by him. Too bad I'm going on vacation next week anyway. I'm probably better off that way.

Our Sponsors