Twp

R

Rick

Has anyone ever used TWP (Total Wood Preservative)Made by Amteco. Stain's,Stripers,and deck brightners? If so what are your thoughts on this product.This company gave me $300.00 of their product to try thats how confident they are in it.I have never herd of it.
eek2.gif

Jim Bilyeu

TWP is about the same as Wood-Iron. If you are in a damp climate, you really don't want to use it. The mildecide package in these products are not very good. If your going to apply this product to a deck, you can expect it to turn black in 6 to 8 months. this is what is happening out here with the product in our damp damp climate. They are having better luck with it in dryer climates.

Jim Bilyeu
Exterior Woodcare

Larry Staton

TWP(Total Wood Preservative) is an excellent product. I've used it for 4 years, and never had any problems with a deck turning black, and I live in a very humid climate. With proper prep and applied properly, you can expect 2-3 years color retention on a flat surface.

TWP does not contain natural oils, such as your Wol..., Pen...., Be.., ect...
Natural oils attract mildew which will turn a deck black in no time, especially a cedar deck.

I would put TWP's RADCON Formula (Natural Cedartone) against any natural wood preservative out there, and I'm surprised more contractors don't use it. We also use it on log and wood homes.

Ask Tim Cross, He's used it for 10+ years.

Jim, I'm not real familar with the North West climate. We have a problem with lack of rain here in the South East. Possibly you could add more mildecide to it.

Just my two cents,

Larry Staton
Georgia Wood Care
Larry@georgiawoodcare.com

p.s. TWP and Ready Seal are very similar products.

Paul

I think TWP is an excellent product!!!
The cedartone can be applied with very little back brushing if any. The color retention is very good. I recently bid on a reapplication of TWP on a deck that was treated 2 years ago and it still had good color and it has a full southern exposure with no trees in site to block any sun. It still had some water repellancy as well. The product is not available in every state due to VOC regulations.

Yes its very similiar to ready seal. The cedar is a little darker then the Ready Seal cedar. What I like about it is that if you have a deck with a prior coating and you either can't get all the coating off or the homeowner doesn't want to pay to have it all stripped down, the TWP will penetrate the remnant areas.

Just my thoughts on the matter....

Dakotawash

I also like the TWP, and have used it on about 5 decks so far, I will be using that and Ready Seal from now on. The cedat tone is a great color.
Jerry
Dakotawash Deck & Siding Restoration

R

Rick

Thanx guy's for all your input i tried the cleaner today. I like the results i got. Thanx again! Rick.........R&R........:>:

Barry Laraway

Rick, can you E-Mail me with the phone number of the place that sent you 600.00 in product to try out, I cant seem to get any samples.
Any help would be nice, Thanks

Our Sponsors