Has anyone ever used any Duckback(Superdeck) stains?

I'm located near a paint store that deals in these products. Has anyone ever used or heard good/bad comments regarding these stains?

Thanks

JR Wood

Superdeck products are pretty good.They are thin and spray easy through a pump up sprayer .the problem I had with it is the natural is kind of light and didn't last quite two years.the heart redwood was way darker than the little fan sample portrayed it to be but it still looks great after three years.The major problem I have is the price.I can get Wolman raincoat for $12.50 per gallon or Olympic natural look for the same as opposed to superdeck for $18.50 per gallon.

Jim Bilyeu

Go to www.fineloghomes.com and see what is being said about some of these products. Pay close attention to the Behr problem. What is happening in the State of Washington could be the start of a major change in the coating industry and in state laws where states require contractors to belong to the contractors board. Take a look and see whats happening.

Jim Bilyeu
Exterior Woodcare

Shane Clardy

Hey larry I've used it and like it Its been on my deck 14 x 16 p/t for about a year with very little color change ( natural cedar ) . the cost is higher than the home warehouse stores and this is the reason the folks at super deck told me.

You buy a gallon of stain. Super deck is 70% oil, resin pigment etc only 30% is mineral spirits . You need mineral spirits because its the vehical that distributes the oil base stain, in this case .

The cheaper stains are going to be the opposite 40% product and 60 % mineral spirits .
Thats the price difference . Hope this helped

Jim Bilyeu I went to the web site you mentioned I hope they call Dan very unorganized 1600 post no way of sorting ????

Larry Staton

Just for the record, there are two Larry Staton's on this board. Both from GA.

In my opinion, superdeck is a fair product. There's a contractor in my area that uses nothing but superdeck products. It seems to hold up for a year or two.

If you have a ICI store in your area ( formally Glidden ), they carry TWP which you will be alot happier with. Or, Ready Seal which is sold on this board.

Famous Quote I'm sure some of you have seen.

"It's unwise to pay too much, but it is worse to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little money - that is all. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do. The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting alot - it can't be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk that you run. And if you do that, you will have enough to pay for something better. There is hardly anything in the world that someone can't make a little worse and sell a little cheaper - and people who consider price alone are this man's lawful prey."
John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Y'all have a safe and happy holiday.

Larry Staton
Georgia Wood Care

Roy Moren

I never used this product but I did buy 30 gals of it the other day at a paint store close out. At 5 bucks a gallon I like it already. I also like the 20 gals of Wolman raincoat and extreme I got at the same price. Guess I just love a deal!!!
Roy

Our Sponsors